All Deluge Downloads freeze (SOCKS5 Proxy??)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bengalih

All Deluge Downloads freeze (SOCKS5 Proxy??)

Postby bengalih » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:45 pm

I've been having this issue for a couple of years now.
I dealt with it with 1.x versions eagerly awaiting a new release. While still no official 2.x installer for Windows, I've installed the unofficial packages and after a couple of months running I continue to have this issue.

Basically, what happens is every so often - could be daily, but usually about once a week (or twice at most) all of my torrents stop downloading.
This is true even of new torrents that get added. They just sit at 0% not making any connections.

The only way to resolve this is to restart my deluge service at which point the will almost immediately connect again.

While I have no proof, my best guess is that this is due to the SOCKS5 proxy. I believe that with the "force use of proxy" options that if the proxy might become unreachable even for a moment that Deluge never properly renegotiates back to begin downloads.
Again, this is just a guess, but so far no one has been able to provide any insight into my issue despite the fact it has persisted across multiple deluge builds and multiple ISPs.

Ideas?

Return to “Support”