Cannot install plugin on Deluge 2.0.4.dev38

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
megaksa
New User
New User

Cannot install plugin on Deluge 2.0.4.dev38

Post by megaksa »

I tried to install particularly ltConfig plugin. I think the issue is that in plugin install Web UI, the egg file is selected as "[object FileList]" and then is uploaded with the same name. This probably causes deluge to skip that plugin.
Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 04.36.52.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 04.36.52.png (57.4 KiB) Viewed 11549 times
mhertz

Re: Cannot install plugin on Deluge 2.0.4.dev38

Post by mhertz »

Yeah, that's been reported a few times with different plugins and webui plugin-installs, so instead install plugins manually i.e. copy/move egg into '~/.config/deluge/plugins' on both ends if using thin-client and in config folders of the users running deluge.
swills1
New User
New User

Post by swills1 »

What method did you use to install 2.0.4?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry not OP, but he's using arch, which changed some time ago to dev-build in there official repos instead of stable, as to many bugs otherwise.

I don't really understand why this doesn't work for you: (uninstall old first if having such, e.g if from pip then 'sudo pip3 uninstall deluge', or without 'sudo' if '--user' install)

If wanting it under '/usr/local/bin': (on ubuntu etc, but vanilla pip, like on arch, installs to /usr/bin direct, which I don't like, but regardless)

Code: Select all

sudo pip3 install git+git://deluge-torrent.org/deluge.git
Or if wanting instead under own user's '.local/bin' dir:

pip3 install --user git+git://deluge-torrent.org/deluge.git
Else do it more manually(for '/usr/local/bin' install):

git clone https://github.com/deluge-torrent/deluge
cd deluge
sudo pip3 install .
These all give you very latest deluge-2.0.4.dev84, last updated last month, in contrary to that develop PPA from a year ago.

You need git and python3-pip installed for above(+ python3-libtorrent and python3-gi-cairo to run). It used to fail in source installs if not having git installed(atleast on windows), in older times, because a version check internally(get_version(), and needed make deluge_version text-file manually to workaround), don't know if fixed(why I recommend just using git). It should be possible to install with pip from url of zip also(from github), but fails I just checked(with other issue), though all variations above I tested succesfully again just now, on an ubuntu VM.