Downloading Fine but nothing seems to be getting uploaded

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kickflip252
New User
New User

Downloading Fine but nothing seems to be getting uploaded

Post by kickflip252 »

MAC OSX Catalina 10.15.6

Long story short, I didn't realize there was an installer so I installed homebrew and the deluge package all through the terminal interface. Still couldn't figure out how to get into Deluge ...THEN I found the stand alone installer.
I installed Deluge with the installer and everything seemed to be going fine [I didn't uninstall home brew or anything]... I grabbed a torrent from the site I used, added it and it downloaded as I expected with no issues.
But now, it's been about 3 days later and I'm getting absolutely no uploading activity even though in the past with my old uTorrent client, I would get at least a ratio of at least .666

I checked my port forwarding and all the security panels in the system preferences. things seem to be set normally, but nothing is moving up on this end and I'm unsure what to do.

mhertz

Re: Downloading Fine but nothing seems to be getting uploaded

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, not really anything to add, except to not use same range in in and out ports, just set random for out unless having specific reason otherwise. I couldn't fully tell from your post(I.e "checked port-forwarding and security settings, things seem to be setup normally"), but specifically test port-forwarding e.g from the check-button in deluge preferences, to be sure this isn't the culprit. Other than this, your settings are fine.