Can't write and can't see available disk space.

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Duamerthrax

Can't write and can't see available disk space.

Post by Duamerthrax »

Armbian
Deluge installed via DockSTARTer.
All up to date.

So I installed Deluge via DockSTARTer because I was recommend using Docker for this project. I'm not sure if this is a docker related problem though.

It looks like a permissions problem, but when I ran

Code: Select all

sudo chmod -R ugo+rxw /path/to/directory
on the directory, I don't see any difference. The files download a few megabytes before stopping and I get an error for "Free Disk Space".

EDIT: Someone replied and deleted their reply while I was at work and couldn't respond. I should have have put the sample directory in the reply, but didn't.
Last edited by Duamerthrax on Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Can't write and can't see available disk space.

Post by shamael »

Hi,

What's the defined location for download? Are you able to create folder and file with the Deluge's user?
If launched by command line --> test with this user
if launched with services (systemctl or other --> test it by ssh with "sudo -u $user" and the action

It sounds well a rights issue at a first glance. You can change the download location for a test too.
Duamerthrax

Post by Duamerthrax »

Hello,

So I logged in as the Deluge user, navigated to the designated torrent directories and was able to make a new directory and test text file. What I noticed was the old directories were highlighted in green while the new items were not. Green highlight means executable or recognized data file, right? This drive and these directories were from a previous attempt.

The defined location is /media/Nimbus/Rain/Deluge and in there is Incomplete, Complete, Torrents, and Watch.

I just changed the download location to the home directory of the user I thought was associated with Deluge and got the same error. I installed Deluge with Portainer this time and I'm still learning how Portainer and Docker works.
Duamerthrax

Post by Duamerthrax »

I'm going to start over. None of the normal solutions are working and I think it means I messed up with Docker somewhere.