Thin Client Won't connect after failed torrent. Connects through Conn Mgr then instantly disconnects

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
sharty33
New User
New User

Thin Client Won't connect after failed torrent. Connects through Conn Mgr then instantly disconnects

Post by sharty33 »

Hey all,

I've been banging my head against this issue all day long today. My thin client setup has been working flawlessly for ages but yesterday I tried to pickup a torrent file for work that failed. After it failed, I could no longer connect to my deluge daemon on the remote server.

I go into connection manager on bootup of the deluge client, select my server (which has a green light) and hit connect. All is well for a split second at the bottom of the deluge client, showing it was connected but then in less than a second it shows "Not Connected". From here I cannot reconnect to the server and have to shut down the client and reload to try it again.

Thin Client System:
Windows 7
Deluge Client 1.3.15

Server:
Deluge Daemon 1.3.15
Libtorrent 1.0.11.0

I have checked the auth file on the thin client system to make sure it has the correct username, password and permissions level (that match the server file), I have gone over the conf file to make sure that remote login is set to true, the daemon is running on the server, I have also tried respawning the hostlist files by moving them from the config directory to a backup directory and letting deluge create them again.

I have also tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the deluge client. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone knew how to fix this without a reinstall on the server.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Thin Client Won't connect after failed torrent. Connects through Conn Mgr then instantly disconnects

Post by shamael »

What's the type of hardware/OS of the server and how many torrents loaded?
Is the web access possible? if not may your remove the offending one through the command line?
sharty33
New User
New User

Re: Thin Client Won't connect after failed torrent. Connects through Conn Mgr then instantly disconnects

Post by sharty33 »

It's a linux server and all seems to be running fine on there, no errors in the logs.

However I did try to access it from another thin client through a linux ubuntu VM and also got the same issue as the windows system. This leads me to believe that it's something with the server.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Maybe the number of torrent loaded. Taking my example I've limited HW resources on my server (RPI) and cannot go above a fixed amount of torrent. This is due to the RPC protocol and timeout associated.
Is the logging enabled on the server daemon? If nothing obvious SSH the server and use deluge-console to access the TUI interface and remove the offending one.