Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cross

Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

Postby cross » Sun May 17, 2020 4:20 pm

I recently updated from 1.3.15 to 2.0.3 on my FreeBSD server. I thought it was working correctly, as all of the torrents states loaded. But, only after trying to add a new torrent and seeing no activity, realize that deluged seems to somehow be disconnected from the network.

No network config on the server or router has changed, but it seems outgoing connectivity isn't working. The web client shows "IP n/a" in the footer. And I see a 404 when it tries to send usage info back to http://deluge-torrent.org/stats_get.php

The configs are the same as the ones I was using with 1.3.15, so maybe something was added that needs to be set up in the core.conf that I'm missing? Anyone else migrated a 1.3.15 config to 2.0.3 that might know what I have set wrong?

Thanks much...

cross

Re: Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

Postby cross » Sun May 17, 2020 5:11 pm

After destroying all configs, and building up from default config files, I found something. When I deselect the "Use Random Port" for Incoming Port, then I get the "n/a" IP address. If I leave that set to "Use Random Port" for incoming, I see my external IP address in the web UI footer.

I am specifying a range of outgoing ports, but why would specifying an incoming port break most/all network connectivity for deluge?

cross

Re: Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

Postby cross » Mon May 18, 2020 3:16 am

Okay. I'm still seeing "IP n/a" in the footer, some of the time. But, I can confirm that when I'm using a random incoming port, it's able to talk to the outside world, and if I specify an incoming port, it isn't able to talk to the outside world. Why would this be? Can I do anything to help diagnose the problem? Let me know.

Return to “Support”