Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
cross

Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

Post by cross »

I recently updated from 1.3.15 to 2.0.3 on my FreeBSD server. I thought it was working correctly, as all of the torrents states loaded. But, only after trying to add a new torrent and seeing no activity, realize that deluged seems to somehow be disconnected from the network.

No network config on the server or router has changed, but it seems outgoing connectivity isn't working. The web client shows "IP n/a" in the footer. And I see a 404 when it tries to send usage info back to http://deluge-torrent.org/stats_get.php

The configs are the same as the ones I was using with 1.3.15, so maybe something was added that needs to be set up in the core.conf that I'm missing? Anyone else migrated a 1.3.15 config to 2.0.3 that might know what I have set wrong?

Thanks much...
cross

Re: Deluge 2.0.3 not able to get to network, 1.3.15 was working

Post by cross »

After destroying all configs, and building up from default config files, I found something. When I deselect the "Use Random Port" for Incoming Port, then I get the "n/a" IP address. If I leave that set to "Use Random Port" for incoming, I see my external IP address in the web UI footer.

I am specifying a range of outgoing ports, but why would specifying an incoming port break most/all network connectivity for deluge?
cross

Post by cross »

Okay. I'm still seeing "IP n/a" in the footer, some of the time. But, I can confirm that when I'm using a random incoming port, it's able to talk to the outside world, and if I specify an incoming port, it isn't able to talk to the outside world. Why would this be? Can I do anything to help diagnose the problem? Let me know.
tvizzotto
New User
New User

Post by tvizzotto »

Well, it has been three years since last post, but now I faced the same problem when upgraded my Raspberry Pi 4 from Buster to Bullseye version.
It happens the developer made a typo on listen ports syntax at 2.0.3 version and it was fixed on later versions. But due to v2.0.3 is the only version available on Bullseye, I got stuck on there.

Directly to the point to fix the problem on v2.0.3:
1. Use root permission and nano to edit preferencesmanager.py file located on directory /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/core/
2. Find the command line 'listen_interfaces': ''.join(interfaces),
3. Change it to 'listen_interfaces': ','.join(interfaces),
4. Save file, exit and reboot.

Good torrenting!

P.S.: This workaround was found at https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3337
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention again, as I completely forgot, and pretty important when helping people here :) Sad the Debian maintainer not backport important fixes like this - must admit have been to lazy to report myself, but not using Debian and seen other reports previously go ignored there for long. I'd recommend getting newest deluge/libtorrent from pypi(pip install {deluge, libtorrent}), or PPA for ubuntu based distros(can try if works as added repo on Debian too, emulating older ubuntu version as per needed - this was suggested as viable method in older official deluge docs I see), or build self if preferred.

Thanks!
tvizzotto
New User
New User

Post by tvizzotto »

Today I noticed that after some rebooting the problems persists. It's very weird.
Sometimes the web client shows "IP n/a" in the footer, and sometimes it shows my external IP and many DHT nodes.
Actually I don't know what to do. My knowldge is a little bit limited and can't figure out how to install a newer version of Deluge on Bullseye RPi OS.
tvizzotto
New User
New User

Post by tvizzotto »

Found it... I was using ItConfig plugin, and when the profile "High Performance Seed" was loaded, some config messed up with listening ports.
Well... back to Pre-It Config Settings.
dudeguy
New User
New User

Post by dudeguy »

I've been bashing my head against the wall the last couple days trying to understand what was going on... and then I stumble upon this thread today.

Same issue here!

Fresh install of debian/ubuntu/whatever > install wireguard (vpn) > install deluge (either from old apt or new ppa) > set preferences, etc > everything works 10000%

BUT, then I reboot...

deluge now shows "IP n/a" and nothing works, other than tracker announces.

If I do NOT touch preferences, the "IP n/a" problem and download/upload problems do NOT come back when rebooting... not sure what's going on.

For now my solution is to either not reboot, and if I have to, revert to previous snapshot and do the preferences setup and everything again - obviously not ideal, nor do I imagine it's intended.

edit, I don't have any plugins or anything, just straight base install.

edit2, guess it might be helpful to know which distros I've tried: debian 12, ubuntu 23.04, ubuntu 22.04, dietpi 8.19
ambipro

Post by ambipro »

Would you guys try and set the incoming and outgoing interface addresses in your "Network" settings rather than leaving them blank?

This would be the like the 192.168.1.101 for instance that the main ethernet (eth0) or wireless (wlan0) interface uses....you shouldn't have any trouble finding this IP, but if so, 'ifconfig' should show you all adapters.

I think this might be due to multi-homing support. JUST A THEORY. It might be a completely separate issue.
dudeguy
New User
New User

Post by dudeguy »

It happens with and without setting the incoming and outgoing interfaces.

When I create the deluged.service I also add the specific wireguard service to the "After=" portion, to ensure deluge doesn't start until that the vpn is up, and the tun# interface is created.
I've tested this by doing a fresh install, and installing qBittorrent, with the same vpn, same "After=" portion in the service, and it works.