deluge resume failed

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

deluge resume failed

Post by pjlbyrne »

Hi - my system disk failed so I had to reinstall everything (new archlinux install).

I run a deluged service but when I restarted it against the deluge config directory nearly all the torrents resumed from some old state - for example they had the directory I downloaded them to (.../deluge/media/seeding) rather than the directories I moved them to after that.

Can anyone suggest why my old 'current' config was notb retrieved? I have 700 torrent configs to restore manually here and it's rather depressing

ta - p
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Re: deluge resume failed

Post by pjlbyrne »

I think I sorted it - I changed the group ownership of the archive directories to a user in the 'deluge' group - this appears to be sufficient for deluge to 'remember' where all the torrents were moved to - and now most of them have recovered.

The confusing thing was that the torrents had reverted to the original download directory (media/seeding) - so it looked like the archive dir paths were lost.
pjlbyrne
Leecher
Leecher

Re: deluge resume failed

Post by pjlbyrne »

Nearly all my archive dirs have the year in parentheses at the end of the dir name eg ' (1984)' - but all these have been clipped off in the restored paths! How odd.