Change download speed steps

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
StuffAndThings
New User
New User

Change download speed steps

Post by StuffAndThings »

Hello all,

I have Deluge running on Raspbian and the thin client on Windows controlling it. All working well.

Is there any way of changing the download and upload speed steps, which default to 5.0 KiB/s, 10 KiB/s etc?

Thanks for your time.
Deluge GTKui Client: 2.0.3 on Windows (thanks mhertz), runs as thin client, talking to Deluge 2.0.3 on an Armbian box (Odroid HC2)
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Change download speed steps

Post by fmar »

Hi StuffAndThings

You could type in your desired numbers in any of the speed entry fields, just make sure to add .0 to it.
StuffAndThings
New User
New User

Post by StuffAndThings »

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I can enter one speed in the 'other' box, but I'd like to permanently edit the speed steps of 5, 10, 30 & 80 KiB/s to something more useful to me.
deluge-speeds.png
deluge-speeds.png (21.62 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
Deluge GTKui Client: 2.0.3 on Windows (thanks mhertz), runs as thin client, talking to Deluge 2.0.3 on an Armbian box (Odroid HC2)
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Post by fmar »

Oh, I misread your question. I thought you were talking about the individual upload and download speed limits for torrents. These only take direct number inputs :?

As for the overall speed limits, I do have the same steppings and I don't know how or if to change them.

You might want to create a new feature request here or search for existing tickets.
This one seems similar, but is aimed at the Web UI: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/2998
StuffAndThings
New User
New User

Post by StuffAndThings »

Thanks, yes that sounds like same issue in the gtkui.

I also use Transmission which has long had this function, so would be useful in Deluge too. I'll add a ticket for gtkui - [edit] done:
https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3399