Deluge doesn't delete empty folders

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Hastor
New User
New User

Deluge doesn't delete empty folders

Post by Hastor »

Apologies is this has been covered ad nasuem elsewhere, new to these forums. Searching lead me to many issues regarding Deluge creating empty folders, etc., but I couldn't find this one.

Sometimes a torrent contains one of more empty folders. Some software has empty folders where it might create a cfg file on first run, and other such stuff. When I use the option to remove the torrent and its contents, the main folder and any empty folders it contained are left behind. I then I have to go through my folder searching for folders containing empty folders to delete them.

Is there a reason, or an option I'm missing, that it only deletes folders with files in them? It also seems to ignore folders containing only other folders, as they are empty once those folders are removed. Just creates so much clutter on my drive.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge doesn't delete empty folders

Post by shamael »

Hi,

when a remove a torrent, all the tree displayed in file tab is deleted. I encounter only exception when
- I create a dedicated folder myself and move Torrent through Deluge in it e.g. "TVshow/name/S01". The "S01" will not be deleted because I created this pat myself and moved torrent in it.
- if I add anything inside an existing torrent folder. Let's say the torrent has a folder structure and a I add an extra file in this structure, the deletion will wipes out all except the file and folder structure

Don't you have any other process accessing the download folder of Deluge or similar?