Want to go back to the previous version of Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Auguss
New User
New User

Want to go back to the previous version of Deluge

Post by Auguss »

I recently upgrade to the deluge 2.0. However, I do not like it as there are some features I find cumbersome and unneeded compared to the 1.7* that comes with Ubuntu Linux mint 19. I personally do not like 2.0 interface or the console because it has a lot of unnecessary features as in multi-user support and 3rd party plugins that I use are not currently updated to support 2.0 and are still buggy and missing features (YARSS2, Autoremove, AutoAdd, AutoExec). The console multi-user and multi-daemon support is also useless to me. However what I did find nice is the daemon to as a thin client to remote host, but that is about it. All in all I am unhappy with the 2.0 because it goes outside my needs and becomes annoying to work through.

I have added the repository listed on the this website to my Ubuntu 18 and to my Linux mint 19 to install the software of 2.0.
When I apt-get purge deluge* it removes everything. When I updatedb and locate to manually remove any remnants left over. I remove the repository in /etc/apt/*.list associated with the Deluge 2.0. I purged out the ppa key. When I apt-get update I am able to install 1.7* but it wants to install the rasterbar10. I have blacklisted it in attempt to stop it installing with 1.7* but it continue to install.

How do I remove or disable rasterbar10 from installing and go back to the rasterbar9 that 1.7 requires?
fmar
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Want to go back to the previous version of Deluge

Post by fmar »

Code: Select all

apt-get remove libtorrent-rasterbar10
should get rid of the libtorrent 1.2 version.

See if you haven't missed a source for libtorren 1.2 with

Code: Select all

apt-cache policy libtorrent-rasterbar*