Deluge 2.0.3 Issues with Tracker / Sending wrong data

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
ost_bo
New User
New User

Deluge 2.0.3 Issues with Tracker / Sending wrong data

Post by ost_bo »

I installed Deluge 2.0.3 (based on libtorrent 1.1.5.0) on my Ubuntu 18.04 Server.

Previous, I noticed an issue when I was asking the admin of a private tracker to allow Deluge v2. The admin told me that deluge 2 sends to long informations, it announces the "user_agent" like this: "Deluge/2.0.3-2-201906121747-ubuntu18.04.1 libtorrent/1.1.5.0 ", should be much shorter regarding to the trackers admin. Seems to be to much information, since I do not want to spread which OS I use. Anyway, after some discussions with the admin, we agreed to spoof the agent.

The actual issue now is that my completed torrents (downloading works just fine) start seeding but deluge does not update the tracker, so the torrent status on the tracker is still "leeching" instead of "seeding". There are also no peers shown for this torrent, but according to the tracker there should be 2 seeders and 2 leechers (including myself). Logfiles checked, but did not help me jet.

Thanks.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge 2.0.3 Issues with Tracker / Sending wrong data

Post by shamael »

Hi,

The user agent can be modified in libtorrent, you can use in fact whatever you want as sent header. It can be done trough the plugin LTconfig compatible with your version.
The tracker update is done periodically based on a schedule, you can see it when selecting a torrent and checking the detail on the bottom panel. If an error occur it will be displayed. Have you tried with the latest libtorrent version? A PPA is available here viewtopic.php?t=48179 with 1.1.12 if I'm not wrong.It may help if anything is buggy in 1.1.5
ost_bo
New User
New User

Post by ost_bo »

shamael wrote:Hi,

The user agent can be modified in libtorrent, you can use in fact whatever you want as sent header. It can be done trough the plugin LTconfig compatible with your version.
The tracker update is done periodically based on a schedule, you can see it when selecting a torrent and checking the detail on the bottom panel. If an error occur it will be displayed. Have you tried with the latest libtorrent version? A PPA is available here viewtopic.php?t=48179 with 1.1.12 if I'm not wrong.It may help if anything is buggy in 1.1.5
Hi,

thanks for your reply.

I updated to libtorrent: 1.1.14.0 but still same behavior. (Deluge shows its version 1.1.14 although pkg name is version 1.1.12 from January 15th)
Downloading works just fine and shows me some peers. As soon as the download is completet, there are no longer peers available (seed/leech shows 0 peers). The seeding time in "status" does not start counting:

Code: Select all

Seeding Time: ∞
Tracker-Status and Status (from details tab) shows both "announce OK" and "OK".
ost_bo
New User
New User

Post by ost_bo »

I did some more tests and figured out that when I use a public torrent (like downloading ubuntu iso) deluge starts leeching and seeding normally.
I created a small test private-tracker and created a torrent. Deluge starts downloading it as it should and then changes state to "seeding". My test tracker was updated correctly and showed my client as seeding. Even this does not work with the tracker I have the issues, state will not be sent to it.
Within my test setup, it seems that the amount of uploaded data is not sent to my tracker. I seeded a couple of MBs, the download from client 2 was registred but the uploaded amount was not sent to the tracker.

In the deluge log I was able to get some more informations and found a "scrape failed" from the (not test) tracker.
no_idea
New User
New User

Post by no_idea »

ost_bo wrote:Downloading works just fine and shows me some peers. As soon as the download is completet, there are no longer peers available (seed/leech shows 0 peers). The seeding time in "status" does not start counting.... Tracker-Status and Status (from details tab) shows both "announce OK" and "OK".
I'm observing the same thing on Windows 10 (Client: 1.3.15, libtorrent: 1.0.11.0); most downloads work but once complete peer/seeder data is zero. In the debug logs I see a number of DEBUG messages that scrape failed: expected string in bencoded string, not sure if it's related but it's the only thing that really stands out in the logs.

One other (possibly significant) datapoint is I switched to AT&T Fiber and their router recently. Port forwarding is set up and some torrents are seeding, so it seems like the router is properly configured but perhaps something is still not set up correctly.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

@no_idea I used this combo of Deluge/Libtorrent for a long time and never saw such error. It doesn't mean anything of course but I would rather you confirm the network part below.

- UPNP disabled
- Incoming port on a high range, 54000-54010
- This range opened UDP/TCP in the port forwarding section of your router, fixed IP will be needed

I guess it's done already but we need a base.
What tells a test with a public tracker like Ubuntu version on their site?
no_idea
New User
New User

Post by no_idea »

- UPNP disabled
It was enabled, I've disabled it now and will see if that helps.

- Incoming port on a high range, 54000-54010
Yep, range 56090-56100

- This range opened UDP/TCP in the port forwarding section of your router, fixed IP will be needed
Yep, these ports are open on the router for this machine

ubuntu-20.10-desktop-amd64.iso seems to be seeding fine so it may be related to the particular tracker, but other users of the tracker aren't reporting this behavior.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

So it's maybe well something with the tracker. Too soon to tell. Have other tracker's forum users with Deluge shared their version (deluge/libtorrent)?
This error seems quiet rare it seems (so far I look).