torrent stops after a few seconds

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
jbtor
New User
New User

torrent stops after a few seconds

Post by jbtor »

I'm running deluge against a socks proxy provided on the same machine by the Tor Browser. This worked well until very recently, but suddenly new torrents stop after getting new data after a few seconds, maybe a few meg total.

I presumed it was the ISP doing it, but I just tried Vuze using the same Tor Browser socks proxy and its not effected.

Im on Ubuntu 18.04, and had been running the 1.x version of deluge standard on Ubuntu, where this issue started recently. I just updated to 2.0.3 and have the same problem.

I don't know what changed. I guess it could be the Tor Browser that updated recently, but why Deluge and not Vuze?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: torrent stops after a few seconds

Post by gderf »

Are you sure that the location you are downloading to has the correct permissions for Deluge to be able to write there?
jbtor
New User
New User

Post by jbtor »

Are you sure that the location you are downloading to has the correct permissions for Deluge to be able to write there?
OOPS. My mistake, thats it. The path didn't change, but I had moved the directory to a different file server, and there was a UID mismatch. Vuze used a different location that didn't move.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Post by gderf »

Happy torrenting!