How to seed from completed folder

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Garu94

How to seed from completed folder

Post by Garu94 »

Hi all,
I am running deluge daemon on raspberry pi zero. For speed purporse, I empirically found that I need to download torrents to internal memory (micro SD) and only after it is finished I can move it to an external drive. Though, if I delete the torrent downloaded from the downloading folder on internal memory, then deluge can't find to seed. How can I tell deluge to seed from completed folder instead of downloading one?
cinderblock63

Re: How to seed from completed folder

Post by cinderblock63 »

If you use the "Move on Complete" feature, it will do this automatically when the download finished and "just work".

You can also use the "Move download folder", to move the files to your external drive manually (from within Deluge) if it is still seeding from the download folder on the SD card.

If you've manually moved the files for a torrent and deluge no longer sees them, you'll need to:
1. Pause the torrent
2. Use the "Move download folder" option and select the new location
3. Use "Force Re-check" to scan the files and ensure they are all found correctly. This will take some time, depending how big the files are, and which USB version your external drive is.
4. If the previous step succeeds, and the torrent goes to "100%" complete (or whatever you expect), then you can "Start" the torrent again to have it seed.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: How to seed from completed folder

Post by shamael »

@Garu94: is your external drive ext3/4? I'm using an RPI3 and I'm able to max out the speed up to 6 or 7 MBps w/o issue to the USB drive. Of course I'm not sure about how differenr the Pi zero is but this was one of my major speed issue.

Moving file inside Deluge will always works w/o further manipulation otherwise the procedure of cinderblock63 is perfectly fine