Remove torrent when seed ratio reached not working

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
robertosc
New User
New User

Remove torrent when seed ratio reached not working

Post by robertosc »

Hi. I'm using "Remove torrent when seed ratio reached" and "Stop seeding when share ratio reaches" but it doesn't seem to be working.
I was expecting the item in the torrents list to be removed, along with the .torrent file, but nothing happens. It just pauses seeding.

I'm using deluge v1.3.13 on raspbian.
Tunes0710
New User
New User

Re: Remove torrent when seed ratio reached not working

Post by Tunes0710 »

I'm also having the same issue

I have seeding set to 2 and to remove once it's hit it, but it just pauses the torrent.

I'm running deluge 2.0.3 (server and client) with libtorrent: 1.1.5.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong or haven't set somewhere?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Sorry, don't know why, but just wanted to state that it's not a general deluge error apparently, as I don't have it on 2.0.4.dev24 on linux, or 2.0,3 on windows I just checked, plus I remember it worked too in previous stable 1.3.15. Libtorrent 1.2.6 on linux and windows, but also worked with previous libtorrents I remember in older times.

I would firstly suggest to update libtorrent(and deluge too, for OP) if possible. Second, if still not working, then you need enabling debug-logging to see if issue is elaborated upon further, hopefully, as don't have any other suggestions really.

Note, I practically never run webUI like your screenshot, and always use the daemon, and consoleUI when checking progress, or GTKUI on windows when testing something out quickly, but shouldn't make a difference, as is run on daemon regardless.

To see if I could reproduce in quickest possible way, then I enabled directly in core.conf from deluge profile folder:

Code: Select all

"remove_seed_at_ratio": true,
"stop_seed_at_ratio": true,
"stop_seed_ratio": 0.0,

This will then be able to be checked quickly in daemon, and/or any UI, as long as not opening preferences, which will reset 0.0 to 0.5, and you then have to wait little longer to test, but just to not waste additional time seeing if it was reproducible I did it like that, and as said, work for me.

Debug-logging is described in FAQ on main deluge page btw, if updating doesn't fix it. Good luck to both of you.
Last edited by mhertz on Fri May 01, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tunes0710
New User
New User

Post by Tunes0710 »

Despite the setting above.. I went in to an active torrent and it wasn't showing about removing
I manually ticked it and chose apply, so just waiting to see if that auto removes once it's up to date on seeding.
Tunes0710
New User
New User

Post by Tunes0710 »

mhertz wrote:Sorry, don't know why, but just wanted to state that it's not a general deluge error apparently, as I don't have it on 2.0.4.dev24 on linux, or 2.0,3 on windows I just checked, plus I remember it worked too in previous stable 1.3.15. Libtorrent 1.2.6 on linux and windows, but also worked with previous libtorrents I remember in older times.

I'd suggest running with debug-logging enabled, to try see if issue is elaborated upon further, hopefully, as don't have any other suggestions really.

Note, I practically never run webUI like your screenshot, and always use the daemon, and consoleUI when checking progress, or GTKUI on windows when testing something out shortly, but shouldn't make a difference, as is run on daemon regardless.

To see if I could reproduce in quickest possible way, then I enabled directly in core.conf from deluge profile folder:

Code: Select all

"stop_seed_ratio": 0.0,

This will then be able to be checked quickly in daemon, and/or any UI, as long as not opening preferences, which will reset 0.0 to 0.5, and you then have to wait little longer to test, but just to not waste additional time seeing if it was reproducible I did it like that, and as said, work for me.

Hope debug-logging helps, and also try update libtorrent if possible imho. Debug-logging is described in FAQ on main deluge page. Good luck.

Aah.. thank you.. you replied between my posts. I'll have a look to see what core.conf states
Tunes0710
New User
New User

Post by Tunes0710 »

I had a look in my core.conf and this was a section

"seed_time_limit": 180,
"seed_time_ratio_limit": 7.0,
"send_info": true,
"sequential_download": false,
"share_ratio_limit": 2.0,
"shared": false,
"stop_seed_ratio": 2.0,

So even though it is set to stop and remove... could it be because of the seed_time_limit and/or seed_time_ratio_limit that is set why it isn't removing them?
Tunes0710
New User
New User

Post by Tunes0710 »

So quick update.
Even though it is set in preferences to remove torrent at specified ratio (as confirmed in core.conf), it wasn't removing them.
Checking in the options tab "per torrent" showed that "remove at ratio" wasn't ticked.

I ticked that box and chose apply, and this time, when it hit the ratio, it did remove it... although it just removed the torrent rather than "removing with data".

Am I better trying one of the plugins, like AutoRemovePlus 0.6.1 to handle this?
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

I don't think so, but am not 100% sure in how it works honestly, and as said have only tried setting stop_seed_ratio to 0.0 in core.conf with all deluge daemons/UIs stopped, and then started deluge with a download and see if gets removed when finished, and not opening preferences at all during this test.

Sorry, have no other ideer's, except as stated, if possible upgrade libtorrent to newer version and/or check debug-logging.

Hmm, wait a minute... What if a torrent after 180 minuttes gets paused, before reaching a ratio of 2.0, and hence never gets stopped/removed then? Or maybe when stop(remove)_seed_at_ratio even is ticked, then the 3 above boxes gets ignorred? Honeslty I have no clue as said, sorry.

Edit: That section is per torrent, and preferences menu is global, so that's why not checked there, I believe. Possible it's the above that interferres, as you stated too, since there isn't such settings in there(per-torrent). Don't know honestly.

Edit2: It's never remove with data, only torrent.

You could try autoremoveplus if wanted too of-course.

Edit3: In preferences, then if the three boxes above interferes possible, so pausing torrents before they can be removed from reached ratio, then set them all very high(so never fullfills), so the ratio limit at the stopping/removing option lower down, always is able to be reached before that. Sorry not at my computer, so cannot test it specifically.