Deluge stops downloading after few seconds (private trackers) SOLVED

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
balaclava
New User
New User

Deluge stops downloading after few seconds (private trackers) SOLVED

Post by balaclava »

Hi everyone,

I've read a lot of posts with this problem but none of them solved the issue on my side. Since most of them are from 2014, I think it makes sense to post the question again.
I am trying to download some files from private trackers and the behaviour is the following: when I open a new torrent, it starts downloading at a good speed, and in a couple of seconds it starts dropping until it goes to 0 (around 20 seconds later).
If I restart Deluge, the same happens again. If I leave Deluge opened, from time to time, they do it again, meaning they start downloading at normal speeds (around 1 MiB/s) and then the speed drops down to 0.

The torrents are healthy, they have several seeders and actually, as mentioned, when I open deluge, they download at a good speed. This is happening to me with different private trackers' torrents.

Currently, I can download torrents from public trackers with no problem at good speeds such as 8 MiB/s.

Specific details:

Versions:
Ubuntu 18.4
Deluge: 1.3.15

Config:
Incoming Ports
From 50000 to 65000
Outgoing Ports
From 50000 to 65000

I have also tried with random ports and the issue is the same.
By the way, the test active port shows the exclamation error (this is very confusing as I could see this even while I am downloading public trackers torrents...)

Network extras, all of them are clicked.

I have tried several bandwidth and queue configurations and none of them helped to solve the issue. If you need more details, please let me know.

Additionally, I installed the plugin ItConfig and set it to High Performance Seed as in an old post was claimed to be the solution, it did not make any difference as well.

Please help me! :)
Last edited by balaclava on Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shryp

Re: Deluge stops downloading after few seconds (private trackers)

Post by Shryp »

My downloads will do that if I try saving them to a location that doesn't have write permissions.
balaclava
New User
New User

Post by balaclava »

This is the output to ls -la for the disk where I am saving the files:

drwxr-xr-x 18 balaclava balaclava 32768 Jan 1 1970 p2p

should I have 'wxr' for all of them? I have tried with 'sudo chmod 777 <path>' and I still see the same.
Note that I am using an external hard disk.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the lack of Linux knowledge..still learning.
balaclava
New User
New User

Post by balaclava »

I found the issue, as you mentioned it was a permissions problem. The 'chmod' command did not work as the disk was formatted in FAT. I took another disk and used ext4.
What a shame it took me so long... sorry for the noise and thanks!