Cannot set proxy setting

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
matey
New User
New User

Cannot set proxy setting

Post by matey »

Hey guys,

I just installed deluge on my virtual machine so I can easily download torrents. However, I am experiencing a strange issue - I cannot set a proxy for the trackers. When I put the information (IP and port) and click apply and OK, the next time I open the preferences it is not saved. I tried changing a different setting (number of active torrents) and that was successfully saved. I even checked the core.conf file and there is no proxy setting saved there.

Anyone got an idea why it is not saving the proxy setting?
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Cannot set proxy setting

Post by gderf »

Never had any problems here using a Socks5 proxy with Deluge 1.3.x.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

As gderf, me neither. Though as stated, never tested using only a http/tracker-proxy and only Socks5.

Which version of deluge and linux or windows guest/VM, please?
matey
New User
New User

Post by matey »

I am using deluged 2.0.3-2-201906121747-ubuntu18.04.1

I tried HTTP and Socks4/5, same result it does not get saved
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Thanks for info. However i'm sorry that I cannot reproduce on my end using latest deluge2 on arch-linux. I tried enabling a socks5 proxy both with and without authentication and both "stuck" like usual.

The only thing I can suggest, is to enable debug-logging and trying again to get credentials saved and check log for errors, and/or post it here for others to check and you can also use that info to make a bug-ticket afterwards if an issue is found. Note if posting log(e.g. upload to pastebin and post link), then remove sensitive information first e.g. remove password and username of proxy etc - grep the log to make sure nothing is left/missed.

Debug-logging is enabled with:

Code: Select all

deluge -L debug -l ~/deluge-debug.log
Good luck.