[Deluge-gtk] Thin client crashes after enabling "Show Pieces")

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
nSpectre
New User
New User

[Deluge-gtk] Thin client crashes after enabling "Show Pieces")

Post by nSpectre »

Greetings, Cas. Hope all is well with you.

I've successfully moved my .config/deluge to a fresh Lubuntu 18.04.3 install after installing latest deluged, deluge-web and deluge-gtk.

Deluged is up and running fine. It properly found my existing torrents and their states.
Deluge-web connects and operates fine.

Deluge-gtk worked fine, through numerous reboots and restarts, up until I changed a config option. Then it ran fine until I exited and then would not start up again without crashing. Only by recopying over my old .config/deluge folder could I manage to get back in with the thin client.
After many re-copies of my original .config and dorking around with various settings I think I have it narrowed down to:

Show a pieces bar in Status tab

If that is enabled, Deluge-gtk will load and prompt to connect to Deluged, it will draw the screen with all the columns and torrent data and then crash. Perhaps when attempting to display the Status tab with the Pieces Bar?

Cas, I can reproduce the problem at will by manually editing gtk3ui.conf => "show_piecesbar"

If "show_piecesbar": false, it runs fine.
If "show_piecesbar": true, it crashes.

If you need a guinea pig to nail this sucker down, lemming know. :D
Shryp

Re: [Deluge-gtk] Thin client crashes after enabling "Show Pieces")

Post by Shryp »

I am getting the same behavior on my setup using Arch Linux.

Client: 2.0.4.dev38
Server: 2.0.4.dev38
libtorrent: 1.2.10.0.

Laptop would crash sometimes and work sometimes. I enabled pieces on the desktop and it worked for a few and then crashed. Any attempt to restart it without clearing out my profile folder resulted in a crash.

Setting "show_piecesbar" to false in gtk3ui.conf stopped the crashes.
mhertz

Re: [Deluge-gtk] Thin client crashes after enabling "Show Pieces")

Post by mhertz »

No dev-input as of yet, but reported previously on bug-tracker. The reporter stated that besides disabling the feaure, then also did go away when using "deluge debug" strangely, though I don't know if referring here to enabled debug-logging, or the windows debug version specifically, as neither reported OS used, and i'm to lazy to check myself honestly, as neither using GTK client or windows myself. I do remember another deluge issue with a window not reacting propperly at times(connection-manager window, before adding patch), would also be fixed by enabling debug-mode strangely too.

Anyway, here's ticket to monitor: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3405

Edit, Sorry i'm blind, or going senile seemingly, as user clearly states using linux on second look :)