Notification not working

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kevindd992002
Leecher
Leecher

Notification not working

Post by kevindd992002 »

For the life of me, I can't get notification with working with both Yahoo Mail and GMail. I have the same exact settings as I do with a lot of other services (pfsense, nzbget, synology, etc.) and they work just fine. I enabled debug logging and the pieces that caught my attention are these:

Code: Select all

10:54:02 [DEBUG   ][deluge_notifications.common      :116 ] Notification failure using email: [Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'KeyError'>: 'name'
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/core/torrentmanager.py:1409:on_alert_storage_moved
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/core/eventmanager.py:37:emit
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.3.egg/deluge_notifications/common.py:70:wrapper
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.3.egg/deluge_notifications/common.py:58:_handle_custom_providers
--- <exception caught here> ---
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py:150:maybeDeferred
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.3.egg/deluge_notifications/core.py:181:_on_torrent_finished_event
]
10:54:02 [CRITICAL][twisted                          :154 ] Unhandled error in Deferred:
10:54:02 [CRITICAL][deluge.log                       :93  ] twisted.internet.defer 
[Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'KeyError'>: 'name'
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/core/torrentmanager.py:1409:on_alert_storage_moved
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.3.egg/deluge_notifications/common.py:70:wrapper
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.3.egg/deluge_notifications/common.py:58:_handle_custom_providers
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/deluge/plugins/Notifications-0.3.egg/deluge_notifications/core.py:181:_on_torrent_finished_event
]
But I'm not really sure what those mean. Here's a copy of deluged.log for your reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyatjdi486vh9 ... d.log?dl=0 (removed email addresses and password for obvious reasons, but actual settings are correct).
kevindd992002
Leecher
Leecher

Re: Notification not working

Post by kevindd992002 »

Can anyone please help here?
kevindd992002
Leecher
Leecher

Post by kevindd992002 »

Deluge support guys? Please?
kevindd992002
Leecher
Leecher

Post by kevindd992002 »

Daily bump! My goodness!
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

I have seen this, but have not answered you because I don't use notifications and have no idea what the logs are saying.
kevindd992002
Leecher
Leecher

Post by kevindd992002 »

I really hope someone was able to make notifications work with 2.0.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yeah, as with Shryp, hard to answer/help when issue/workflow unrelated to you ;)

Anyway, i've reproduced your issue and will fill in a bug ticket, since like Cas states; no ticket, no fix ;)

The exact error isn't otherplaces online a search reveals, and looking up parts of it(keyerror), just states that a value isn't properly referenced in data-type(dictionary) or along those lines(here 'name' value), and not very helpful.

Anyway, I also felt little sad about not being able to help you when you submitted logs and all so did proper groundwork, but didn't wanted either to get your hopes up with a new reply just stating sorry, dunno :)

I'll update here with the url of the ticket so you can monitor it yourself.

Edit: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3303#ticket
kevindd992002
Leecher
Leecher

Post by kevindd992002 »

Thanks guys for creating that ticket. Yes, I do make sure that I do my due diligence first before posting. I tried a lot of different variations for notifications to work to no avail and the logs confirm that. So it's got to be a bug with 2.0.
dazzsser
New User
New User

Post by dazzsser »

hmmm there seems to be no update to the ticket :(
shinger
Leecher
Leecher

Post by shinger »

I have finally found the time and started to troubleshoot all the things that did not work. One of those problems was this. If you guys don't mind me joining the club of the people who are crying because their notification does not work. BTW, as a workaround, have you tried using the notification of YaRSS2? (i have also trouble figuring out why YaRSS2 does not show up, although it is running in the background.)

Code: Select all

12:30:55 [WARNING ][deluge.core.torrentmanager    :1255] Torrent id not in torrents loading list: '000c060dbefea9773f953c1b05ea72f693f4a059'
12:32:38 [CRITICAL][twisted                       :154 ] Unhandled error in Deferred:
12:32:38 [CRITICAL][deluge.log                    :93  ] twisted.internet.defer 
[Failure instance: Traceback: <class 'KeyError'>: 'name'
===============================================================
Server: Rock 5B 8 Cores (ARM), 16 GB RAM, 2 TB 970 Evo +
Deluge: v2.1.1
Plugins: Blocklist, LabelPlus, ItConfig, MyScheduler, Stats, Notifications, YaRSS2