Downgraded to 1.3.15, and I think I lost my torrent state

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
PisoMojado
New User
New User

Downgraded to 1.3.15, and I think I lost my torrent state

Post by PisoMojado »

I searched for information that might help my situation to no avail, but if someone sees this as a repost or addressable from the support section, please clarify that to me and I'll remove my post.

I upgraded to Deluge 2.0.3-1 a while ago, but too many trackers I use have failed to white-list it, so as the title says, I downgraded to 1.3.15 - the last version I ran prior to the upgrade. After I did this, there were no longer any torrents listed by the client. I assumed that the downgrade failed somehow (perhaps the torrent state files had changed formatting between the two versions), and so I re-upgraded to 2.0.3-1 to try and fix the issue. Instead, I still faced an empty list of torrents. I went to the area where the torrents and state are recorded. I have:

* a session.state file and a backup
* a core.conf and a backup
* a state directory with:
** a lot of torrent files (presumably my torrents, with hashes for names)
** a torrents.fastresume file and a backup
** torrents.state file and a backup

I noticed something, though, which is that all of the backups also have today's date, a few minutes apart from the current file. Please tell me if I'm wrong, but I worry that the service simply backs every file at every startup, rather than every upgrade. I restarted the service several times, not knowing about this, so I think it threw away my working files.

Several files are binary, but I can read some of the content in torrents.fastresume, and I can see information about my torrents. Even still, I don't have any torrents in the client.

Does anyone have a clue on how I can recover? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
PisoMojado
New User
New User

Re: Downgraded to 1.3.15, and I think I lost my torrent state

Post by PisoMojado »

Thanks for replying to me. I have the torrents, but what I'm most desperate to recover is the state of Deluge: I had renamed files, located them in particular directories, etc. I will have a painful chore ahead of me if I want to reproduce the setup manually, as I was seeding 100s of torrents.