Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
boredazfcuk

Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion

Post by boredazfcuk »

Hi,

I've been working on getting Deluge 2.0.3 working in an Alpine Linux container. All is looking good from a WebUI perspective, but when I attempt to make a connection using deluge-console, I get the following error spamming the log until I restart the container:

Code: Select all

14:33:15 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:39702
14:33:15 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:33:16 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:39704
14:33:16 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:33:17 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:39706
14:33:17 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:33:18 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:39708
14:33:18 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:33:19 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:39710
14:33:19 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
14:33:20 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :171 ] Deluge Client connection made from: 127.0.0.1:39712
14:33:20 [INFO    ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :197 ] Deluge client disconnected: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
I found this thread viewtopic.php?t=55101 which addresses the issue in Deluge 1.3.15 and the fix was to roll back Twisted to v16.4.1.

As I am running Deluge 2.0, I rolled back Twisted to v17.1 (as per the requirements.txt minimum version) file but I am still seeing the issue.

This is my current dockerfile: https://pastebin.com/UgMLarib

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this issue?

Edit: If I enable debug logging, I see this line between the two repeated INFO messages:

[DEBUG   ][deluge.core.rpcserver         :539 ] intevents: {0: ['ConfigValueChangedEvent', 'PluginEnabledEvent', 'PluginDisabledEvent', 'TorrentStateChangedEvent', 'TorrentRemovedEvent', 'TorrentAddedEvent']}
Thanks,

bored.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion

Post by Cas »

attempt to make a connection using deluge-console,
What do you mean? Detail what you are doing
boredazfcuk

Post by boredazfcuk »

I'm connecting to the running container using an interactive session and then running deluge-console.

This error starts as soon as the 'Deluge 2.0.3 Console - 127.0.0.1:58846 [Online]' window appears. If I hit return nothing happens. Attempting to delete the host just seems to refresh the menu. Quitting does work, but if I try to add a new host and wait a few seconds, I get kicked out with an error:

Unhandled error in Deferred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/transfer.py", line 130, in _handle_complete_message
    rencode.loads(zlib.decompress(data), decode_utf8=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 133, in message_received
    d.callback(request[2])
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 460, in callback
    self._startRunCallbacks(result)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 568, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 654, in _runCallbacks
    current.result = callback(current.result, *args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/client.py", line 408, in __on_connect_fail
    self.daemon_info_deferred.errback(reason)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 501, in errback
    self._startRunCallbacks(fail)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py", line 561, in _startRunCallbacks
    raise AlreadyCalledError
twisted.internet.defer.AlreadyCalledError:
I was wanting to get it working as it should so that I can use it to check the daemon and report success/failure back to docker's built in health checking system.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

Can you run deluge-console with logging to a file.
boredazfcuk

Post by boredazfcuk »

Sorry for not getting back sooner, my NAS's boot drive packed up in the hot weather so I've been busy rebuilding it these past couple of days.

I got this https://pastebin.com/q1XcA6cB log file when I ran deluge-console with the following command:

deluge-console -l ~/deluge-console.log -L debug -U boredazfcuk -P <plaintext password from the auth file>
...and I got this https://pastebin.com/7zzZ2MH4 log file when I ran:

deluge-console -l ~/deluge-console.log -L debug -U boredazfcuk -P <deliberately incorrect password>
Cheers
Henshin
New User
New User

Post by Henshin »

I'm having this problem too with deluge-console.
Let me know if you find the solution.