Bugs in WebUI of 2.0.3?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Beastmaster
New User
New User

Bugs in WebUI of 2.0.3?

Post by Beastmaster »

Hey everyone.

This is my first time using Deluge in many years and it seems I came back to it during an exciting time.

I've been setting up a home server running on Arch Linux and wanted to get rid of the torrent client on my desktop (which is an oooold μTorrent). Sadly Windows doesn't have a convenient installer package (yet?) to run a remote client, so I'm using the webUI for now. Yeah, I saw the manual steps, but the browser-based UI is fine, maybe I'll use it from tablet/smartphone too.

Here's where I have run into problems with it, but due to my lack of experience with the webUI for version 1.x.x, I'm unsure if any of them are new, if there exist any workarounds or if I'm stupid. That's also why I didn't open a ticket about it.

Peers tab: I've not been able to get a list of the connected clients on an active torrent yet, but I've tested it with only two different torrents so far. The following is the error message that's being added to the journal about it:

Code: Select all

Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]: [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'deluge.error.WrappedException'>: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb5 in position 0: invalid start byte
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/core/rpcserver.py", line 326, in dispatch
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:     ret = self.factory.methods[method](*args, **kwargs)
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 768, in get_torrent_status
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:     all_keys=not keys,
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/core/core.py", line 743, in create_torrent_status
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:     torrent_keys, diff, update=update, all_keys=all_keys
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/core/torrent.py", line 1003, in get_status
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:     status_dict[key] = self.status_funcs[key]()
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/deluge/core/torrent.py", line 813, in get_peers
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]:     client = decode_bytes(peer.client)
Jun 21 04:03:47 xxxx deluge-web[12604]: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb5 in position 0: invalid start byte
Filters pane #1: I've been adding about a dozen labels and this required me to refresh the webUI just as often, because clicking on the context menu of labels had no effect after the first time. I can see the context menu, but when I click on "Label Options", the expected modal popup doesn't appear, in fact nothing happens and there's no error anywhere either. The behavior is identical in latest Firefox and Opera (Blink).

Filters pane #2: What is the "Allow the use of multiple filters at once" setting meant to do? There's no explanation I could find and it doesn't appear to have any effect when trying to display multiple sub-panels at once (ie, divide the vertical space available between States and Labels) nor can I select more than one Label at once.

Filters pane #3: Why are labels all lower case and can I change that manually in label.conf or would this break something? I know this may be nitpicking to some, but I'm so used to names and abbreviations in their proper capitalization, that seeing them in all lowercase letters makes me do a double take.

Torrent columns: Is there a way to save them across sessions/in the browser, or does the columns setting not save properly? I've been trying to hide the "Label" column for example because I can always filter them that way if I want to, but after a page refresh it shows up again.

Those issues aside, I'm quite happy that the AutoAdd and Label plugins exist. It's much simpler to set-up and automate than any other torrent client I've tried before. On this server box I tried using rTorrent before, but while that may be a great client for seedboxes, it has its shortcomings on a home server and eventually I gave up after seeing open bugs not being fixed for a long time.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Bugs in WebUI of 2.0.3?

Post by Cas »

Beastmaster wrote:Peers tab:
For the peer tab issue, I am not sure precisely why that UnicodeDecodeError is being raised nor able to replicate myself. Can you provide an example torrent?
Beastmaster wrote:Filters pane #1:
I am not seeing the issue myself on Firefox
Beastmaster wrote:Filters pane #2: What is the "Allow the use of multiple filters at once" setting meant to do?
Allows multiple filter sections to be selected at once e.g. A label and a tracker. Otherwise only one is selected e.g. label or tracker.
Beastmaster wrote:Filters pane #3: Why are labels all lower case
Cannot be changed and is a shortcoming of the plugin. There is a the labelplus plugin to fix these issues.
Beastmaster wrote:Torrent columns: Is there a way to save them across sessions/
They do normally but it seems this is a bug with columns added by plugins.
Beastmaster
New User
New User

Post by Beastmaster »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm afraid I can't share the torrent(s) in question, they were both from the same private tracker. I did some more testing in the meantime on torrents from different sources and haven't encountered the issue since. I might have caught the same seed twice, because it also started working on a third torrent from the same private tracker.

Here's a short screen recording to show how the context menu behavior looks like. After I close the first modal, the context menu opens, but any click on "Label Options" does nothing. The functionality of the add or remove label entries is intact. In the process of this testing I also found this console error about it. I'm wondering why I didn't see that the first time around.

Finally, thank you for the helpful information about the settings and plugins. I'll try the one you mentioned, but from a first glance it looks like many of the third-party plugins are very outdated.
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I might have caught the same seed twice, because it also started working on a third torrent from the same private tracker.
That makes sense. I have created a ticket and will push a fix: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3279
Here's a short screen recording to show how the context menu behavior looks like. After I close the first modal, the context menu opens, but any click on "Label Options" does nothing. The functionality of the add or remove label entries is intact. In the process of this testing I also found this console error about it.
Thanks a lot for the screen recording, I can now replicate. See: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3280