Deluge update 1.3.1 > 2.03 replaces saved torrent.state

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
kvt2000
New User
New User

Deluge update 1.3.1 > 2.03 replaces saved torrent.state

Post by kvt2000 »

Deluge update 1.3.1 > 2.03 replaces saved torrent.state with empty torrent.state, thus effectively removing all seeding/downloading torrents. In my case over 1000 torrents. Luckily I had a backup...
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge update 1.3.1 > 2.03 replaces saved torrent.state

Post by shamael »

may you please open a ticket to make the team aware ?
kvt2000
New User
New User

Post by kvt2000 »

How do I open a ticket?
Romano2K
New User
New User

Post by Romano2K »

I've had the same problem while upgrading from Deluge 1.3.15 to Deluge 2.0.3 on my Arch Linux server. All my torrents are gone!

The torrents.state and .torrents files were still in ~/.config/deluge/state/ folder, so I backed up.

Then I've restored Deluge 1.3.15 and tried to restore my seedings (simply copying my backup), but didn't manage.

Can you help us? :)
kvt2000
New User
New User

Post by kvt2000 »

Open the torrents.state file with a text editor to check if it has been emptied, as in my case. I am also on Arch Linux and was only able to restore the torrent.state from a sys-backup done once/day by external backup program (luckybackup). I Don't know any easy way to restore your torrents if the torrents.state file has been altered during the upgrade.
jabb
New User
New User

Post by jabb »

Congratulation !
Your new updated daemon just removed all your files for you, so you've saved a lot a disk space !

Seriously, I just lost 1Tb of data, just by updating my software. I am very sad.

Don't you dare say "you should have made a backup".

Edit : I didn't lost my files in the end, it was just poor permission management from me.
Still, forgetting all torrents is harsh. Devs should have seen this coming and should fix this update as fast as possible to limit the number of user affected.
Last edited by jabb on Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Romano2K
New User
New User

Post by Romano2K »

kvt2000 wrote:Open the torrents.state file with a text editor to check if it has been emptied, as in my case. I am also on Arch Linux and was only able to restore the torrent.state from a sys-backup done once/day by external backup program (luckybackup). I Don't know any easy way to restore your torrents if the torrents.state file has been altered during the upgrade.
I've been able to backup a torrents.state file full of things, where I recognize the names of my torrents.

But even after restoring Deluge 1.3.15 and restoring the state folder (backed up right after noticing that Deluge 2.0.3 wasn't seeding any torrent, so some files may have been altered), Deluge 1.3.15 isn't seeding anything.

Also I've seen that the torrents.state file later saved by Deluge 2.0.3 has a totally different format.

I hope we'll be able to restore our seeds, either on Deluge 1.3.15 or 2.x!
tarabens
New User
New User

Post by tarabens »

Any update on the status on this or do I have to add all my torrents manually again?
Romano2K
New User
New User

Post by Romano2K »

I've been able to restore Deluge 1.3.15 using the cached package and then restore all the seeding torrents by restoring core.conf.back and web.conf.bak backups made by my package manager Pacman during updates.

I'll stick to 1.3.15 for some time while the paint dries ;)
kescherDeluge
New User
New User

Post by kescherDeluge »

I guess I'm just going to copy all metainfo files from the folder, add everything in paused state and recheck ;)
Shouldn't be that much of a hassle, will just take long.