Deluge 2.x released/available to install?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
hphpanon
New User
New User

Deluge 2.x released/available to install?

Post by hphpanon »

As a big fan of the Deluge client, I've been randomly checking the Deluge site to see if there's been updates. Today I noticed that the main page shows Deluge 2.0.3 as being released. However, it doesn't seem to actually be available? Poking through other forum posts, it seems like it might be available in some *Nix package managers and pypi? Is that currently the only installation method available?
hphpanon
New User
New User

Re: Deluge 2.x released/available to install?

Post by hphpanon »

Doing some additional poking, and I came across https://deluge.readthedocs.io/en/latest ... -i-windows . It might be worth updating the rest of the docs/website to indicate this or maybe just point all installation guides to the readthedocs page instead?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

I have updated the Download page to link to docs for windows and macos
fuga

Post by fuga »

Some questions from someone who doesn't know very much about such stuff. But, I can copy and paste so want to try the macOS version as it exists now.

So, all I need to do is follow the instructions/steps as given on the Download page?

There are no other steps that a more knowledgeable user would know to do do?

Does the process result in a fully working Deluge v2 (i.e. with a GUI), or will I have a working process that gives the same results?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

@fuga From my testing there should be nothing more to do and it should work as expected, although won't be quite as integrated as the app package was.
fuga

Post by fuga »

Another novice question. I have a very small boot drive (stoopidApple). I am perpetually concerned about space. Is it possible for anyone to tell me how much stuff is added via Homebrew?

Barring going the Homebrew route is there any estimate for the .app availability?