How to configure Deluge to make sure torrents seed a minimum time after downloading?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
RichSteele
New User
New User

How to configure Deluge to make sure torrents seed a minimum time after downloading?

Post by RichSteele »

I need to have all my downloads seed for 7 days immediately after downloading is complete.

I tried to set this up in the Queue settings with:
Share Ratio Limit = -1
Seed Time Ratio = -1
Seed Time (m) = 10080

However this doesn't work because the auto manager prefers to seed torrents with low number of seeders over making sure the seed time is fulfilled. I have about 600 torrents in the seeding queue but can only have 100 active at a time (hardware reasons). If I download a new torrent with 500 seeders, after it is done, it will immediately be put on hold and instead older torrents with weeks of seeding time will be prioritized because they have lower number of available seeders. I need the seed time to be prioritized or else I will get Hit & run penalties on the trackers I use. Can it be done, if so how??

Thanks
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: How to configure Deluge to make sure torrents seed a minimum time after downloading?

Post by Cas »

I am not sure this is possible:
https://libtorrent.org/single-page-ref.html#seeding-queue wrote: On top of this basic bias, seed priority can be controller by specifying a seed ratio (the upload to download ratio), a seed-time ratio (the download time to seeding time ratio) and a seed-time (the absolute time to be seeding a torrent). Until all those targets are hit, the torrent will be prioritized for seeding.

Among torrents that have met their seed target, torrents where we don't know of any other seed take strict priority.

In order to avoid flapping, torrents that were started less than 30 minutes ago also have priority to keep seeding.

Finally, for torrents where none of the above apply, they are prioritized based on the download to seed ratio.
RichSteele
New User
New User

Re: How to configure Deluge to make sure torrents seed a minimum time after downloading?

Post by RichSteele »

That's what I suspected. I feel like it should be possible, because it's really an annoyance and could get you banned from certain trackers. Thanks anyway.
encode_this
New User
New User

Post by encode_this »

Hello, I'm confused by the progression in this thread.
RichSteele wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:07 pm If I download a new torrent with 500 seeders, after it is done, it will immediately be put on hold and instead older torrents with weeks of seeding time will be prioritized because they have lower number of available seeders.
Wouldn't the "Seed Time" target remain unsatisfied and therefore this torrent should remain seeding? I'm having similar issues where torrents are failing to seed for there target "Seed Time."