How to Run Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gw1500se

How to Run Deluge

Post by gw1500se »

I am having trouble understanding how to run deluge (CentOS 7). I thought 'deluged' should be started as root using it as a service. When I do that and run deluge-web, also as root, I am unable to connect or start the daemon as non-root. If I start deluge-web as non root, it will not start because address is already in use. If I start 'deluged' as non-root, I then have password issues trying to connect from the browser. What is the correct way to start the various pieces so that any user can connect via browser and use deluge? TIA.
Shryp

Re: How to Run Deluge

Post by Shryp »

Each distribution has things set up slightly different. I don't use CentOS So I can't comment on the specifics of it, but I did find this guide with a quick google search.

https://rixter.com/install-deluge-on-centos-7/
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Thanks for the reply but I found that as well. It doesn't really explain how to enable deluge for all non-root users.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Deluged is never run as root, and usually it's run from e.g. systemd like the guide shryp linked to, and in the systemd servicefile for deluged there is defined which username to run deluged under, normally user 'deluge'. Anyway, the error you get when running deluged directly from command-line as "not root", is probably because deluged is already running, so try 'sudo pkill deluged ' and then try 'deluged' again.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

Yes, I really meant the user 'deluge'. In any case I think I have it figured out now.
olivergray
New User
New User

Post by olivergray »

If you're having trouble running deluge (CentOS 7), you might be wondering how to do it. Here's a quick guide on how to run deluge on CentOS 7:

1. Start the deluge daemon.

2. Change the default port to 8443.mapquest directions

3. Add the following line to your /etc/sysconfig/deluge:

Deluge_port=8443