Deluge 1.3.15 failing to move completed downloads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
qed
New User
New User

Deluge 1.3.15 failing to move completed downloads

Post by qed »

Hi, I have a headless seedbox running RPi3B+ with an attached usb drive and network drives.

Code: Select all

$ deluged --version
deluged: 1.3.15
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/_libtorrent.py:59: RuntimeWarning: to-Python converter for boost::shared_ptr<libtorrent::alert> already registered; second conversion method ignored.
  import libtorrent as lt
libtorrent: 1.1.1.0

$ uname -a
Linux Pi-1 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux
I'm using the deluge-web client with the following settings:

Download to: /media/usb1/Private/_Downloads
Move completed to: /media/usb1/Private/_Completed
Allocation: Use Full.

When I originally installed and setup, all was working fine, however I noticed there were around 12 100% queued torrent entries that appeared to be stuck. I did a force recheck and they disappeared, but failed to move to the _Completed folder. I've tried to re-add the same torrents, Deluge checks the integrity and then they disappears from Deluge, but still do not move to the _Completed folder. Now when any torrent completes, seeds then gets auto-removed from Deluge (ratio/time setting), it still does not move to the _Completed folder.

I was originally using labels, but either way it makes no difference. I have checked and confirmed each torrent Queue Option setting and they appear to correctly reflect the correct folder for "Move Completed" location per torrent (enabled), but it does not move them when completed.

I have deluge running under user: pi/users

503 pi        20   0  168528  91268   6044 S  85.2  9.1  13:51.03 deluged
  504 pi        20   0   55988  36400   2920 S  19.4  3.6   6:24.60 deluge-web
I have the mount and folders of the usb drive as user: pi/users

drwxrwxrwx  1 pi   users 4096 Apr 19 19:41 usb1
/media/usb1/Private $ ls -al
drwxrwxrwx 1 pi users 53248 Apr 24 11:03 _Completed
drwxrwxrwx 1 pi users 94208 Apr 24 11:27 _Downloads
There are around 500 torrents, with around 80 or so active. There are no log entries in the daemon.log file when this happens. I've previously resolved this with a full Deluge re-install, but I don't want to do that every few weeks.

Anyone have the same issue or know how to debug this?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Re: Deluge 1.3.15 failing to move completed downloads

Post by Cas »

Upgrade libtorrent, there is a PPA: https://code.launchpad.net/~libtorrent. ... -1.1-daily
qed
New User
New User

Post by qed »

not sure why, but there's no distro for RP. Don't know how to add it.

aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Raspbian/stretch
Shouldn't it be part of a fresh install - the latest libtorrent?
Cas
Top Bloke
Top Bloke

Post by Cas »

python-libtorrent is a Deluge debian package dependency and debian has older versions of packages to be more stable except in this instance where libtorrent 1.1.1 was very buggy with Deluge.

You can manually add it as a deb source:

add-apt-repository 'deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/libtorrent.org/rc-1.1-daily/ubuntu xenial main'
qed
New User
New User

Post by qed »

lol poormans coding. If Deluge doesn't conform or cater for to its dependencies (even if deficient), perhaps it shouldn't have any ;)

I've nuked Deluge, its too buggy and slow.

Thanks anyhow, hope you get it developed well enough to come back to...it was one of the better alternatives out there.