Deluge Download Location Permissions

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
rc86
New User
New User

Deluge Download Location Permissions

Post by rc86 »

Hi,

Apologies this has probably been done to death but I simply can't make this work! I have Deluge installed on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ and attached a USB stick for storage. This has been mounted as /mnt/PIHDD and automounting within fstab. The permissions are below and the owner of the actual mount is my admin user.

Code: Select all

drwxr-xr-x 7 me me 4096 Apr 13 13:20 PIHDD

./PIHDD:
total 28
drwxr-xr-x 3 deluge deluge  4096 Apr 13 13:20 Downloads
I've setup Deluge using the systemd method as per the deluge instructions and I've created a deluge user and group, also adding my me user to that group. The options within the deluged.service file are a user and group of deluge and a umask of 007.

I have tried running everything as my user which does work but ideally I'd rather run everything as a deluge user. Can anyone assist in helping me do that or pointing out where I've gone wrong?

Cheers!
Shryp

Re: Deluge Download Location Permissions

Post by Shryp »

I think you need to set the owner/group to deluge for the mount point. It looks like /mnt/PiHDD is owned by "me". Deluge would not be able to write there.
rc86
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Download Location Permissions

Post by rc86 »

Shryp wrote:I think you need to set the owner/group to deluge for the mount point. It looks like /mnt/PiHDD is owned by "me". Deluge would not be able to write there.
Well that worked instantly - frustrating as hell - the joys of being a bit of a linux noob. Thanks v much! :)