Empty folders being deleted

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
softair
New User
New User

Empty folders being deleted

Post by softair »

It's probably something obvious, but I can't find the reason...

I had deluge (latest version) running happily on a headless Ubuntu server. Torrents were added into the folder /deluge/incomplete. When completed they were automatically moved into the folder /deluge/completed.

When I had done what I wanted with the torrents, they were either manually removed, or moved (using the web GUI) into another folder. All was well.

I then had to rebuild my server. Reinstalled deluge (using same configuration). All was well - except that if I use the web Gui to move ALL the torrents from /deluge/completed then /deluge/completed gets deleted as well. Any clues on what I might have inadvertently change?

It may not seem much of a problem, as /deluge/completed gets re-created when necessary.

But I also use flexget to add torrents with a move_completed option, and flexget rejects the config file if the required folders aren't present.

Suggestions?

TIA
softair
New User
New User

Re: Empty folders being deleted

Post by softair »

Does no one know how to stop deluge deleting folders when torrents are moved - I'm surprised it isn't a problem for others!

B.
qed
New User
New User

Re: Empty folders being deleted

Post by qed »

just place a dummy file in the folder, that'll prevent it from being removed (ie .message).