Registration

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
TorrentMan
New User
New User

Registration

Post by TorrentMan »

Hello,

In addition to "Post #1: registration is buggy. FYI" (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54688)...

I spent for confirmation of registration more 15 min. In other cases, I spend on registration, not more 5min.
It happens because of the forced looked for the answer to questions.

IMO this is the decision isn't very good because:
1. It has a static answer and not help versus spam and bots.
2. It does registration more difficult for new users.

IMO it would be nice to replace question to Google reCAPTCHA (or other, not Google). reCAPTCHA understand the most users of the internet and it is not forced users about where find the answer. And it protects from spam and bots.

Thanks
jjluge
New User
New User

Re: Registration

Post by jjluge »

Even worse, the current CAPTCHA refers to text from the signup page, yet it is not only used on the signup page, but also protects the login page, if not more.

It's utterly anti-user, as users have no idea what the question is referencing without deep google searching.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Lol, that got me too, i.e the CAPTCHA on login page with a question referred to, which needs answering but wasn't there :) I understand the frustration, but the login page issue is clearly an oversight, and I have PM'ed Cas about it too. If the question is there, like on registration page it's not that difficult, unless, well, I won't continue because can give away too much. As said before, Cas spend alot of time removing spam from here and which pretty much stopped after this switch, so he isn't inclined to change, though the error of missing question that needs answering on login page(e.g when typing wrong password 2 or 3 times, as I did when changing browser), of course will be, I'm sure, and in mean time you can go to registration page and find the question, as should be the same as the one missing from login page CAPTCHA, atleast when I tried it.
bills
New User
New User

Post by bills »

Utterly ridiculous! Every registration site on the planet uses a CAPTCHA to secure it from spam and this has worked just fine. However, you have a bunch of morons trying to be cleaver with this forum. They may not only be cutting out spam but a whole lot of potential users who are trying to switch P2P clients as well. Very BAD for business. Perhaps they do not care to compete with uTorrent or others. That's fine, I can always go back to them anyway - it doesn't matter to me. I happened to answer the OS/Distro question as "Windows 10 Pro" because that is what I am using. So, tell me what was I supposed to be thinking when you ask such a poorly written riddle? I don't use Linux, and am not nerdy enough to know who the f**k Linus Torvalds is. Perhaps you guys think that you were cleaver to figure it out, but for the layman, you just made me want to go back to using uTorrent. Again, very BAD for your business! Perhaps a bit more professionalism would be appropriate. You people win the award for the stupidest registration form ever. :evil: