FreeNAS 11.2 Download speed problem [Solved]

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
paulius89
New User
New User

FreeNAS 11.2 Download speed problem [Solved]

Post by paulius89 »

Hi everyone. I have problem with download speed on FreeNAS Deluge, it always do not get above ~12 MB/s while i have 300 Mbps and must be at 30 MB/s (on windows pc can download same torrent at 30MB/s). I have 1 Gbps router and can transfer files to NAS vis SAMBA and out of it, at ~60 MB/s so my LAN with server is fine. When add torrent it rise slowly at ~15 MB/s and than drop down to 11 MB/s and do not get unstable. NAS have 2 HDD non in raid transfer test before show that they arent problem. Try change Bandwidth settings but not help at all. (ps. while download at 11 MB/s still get file transfer via SAMBA from same HDD at 11-25 MB/s and download speed do not fluctuate during that)
Maybe any one know what the problem are that can get full speed? Or its FreeNAS problem?
Summary:
FreeNAS with 2 HDD no raid
Router with 1 Gbps ports
Can transfer file to NAS and out ~60 MB/s via samba.
While Deluge download at ~11MB/s still get transfer speed 11-25 MB/s via SAMBA from same HDD
Starting downloading it can reach ~16 MB/s for ~30 sec but after that drops down to ~11 MB/s (100 mbps) stable speed.
PS. Use FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 and DELUGE 1.3.15

I just like that Deluge can reach full WAN speed ~30 MB/s (300mbps). Will be grate if some one help to solve problem.
Last edited by paulius89 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulius89
New User
New User

Re: FreeNAS 11.2 Download speed problem

Post by paulius89 »

Problem solved by myself. After some testing on Vbox find out that extra ram add extra download speed on FreeNAS. And swamping ram at NAS box show improvement at download speed. So looks like 4 GB is enough for samba share and 100 mbps download speed at deluge. If need more than 100mbps than need 8GB + ram (with 8GB can get up to ~22 MB/s constant speed).