Theme crash

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Newguy025

Theme crash

Post by Newguy025 »

Hello,

I am trying to change the theme to Deluge (1.3.15) (Win10 x64).
I've tried this one https://www.deviantart.com/spookymulder ... -701936153
and the GTK+ theme manager: https://gtk-win.sourceforge.io/home/ind ... erenceTool
Tried the 2 exe's, and the zip file manually for the GTX+ theme manager.

Every time Deluge does not show up on screen. In task manager it either appears and exits straight away, stays, or there are multiple instances.
I first tried the GTX+ theme manager which changed the theme permanently to a theme I did not want, even with uninstall (similar to Windows Classic XP).
To make Deluge work again, the theme/GTX+ theme manager needs to be uninstalled and the system rebooted.

I can see people in the comments successfully using themes, so they do work.
What is causing the issue?

Thank you.
XLayer
New User
New User

Re: Theme crash

Post by XLayer »

The included installation.txt of the theme is pretty clear. The theme works without an issue for me.
1) Drop the DelugeSimpleDark folder into C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\share\themes
2) Change gtk-theme-name in C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\etc\gtk-2.0\gtkrc to DelugeSimpleDark

Not sure how you got the idea that you need third party tools to apply the theme.
Newguy025

Post by Newguy025 »

I followed the instructions for the manual install, but it did not work.

Got the info from this thread: viewtopic.php?t=54593
Both files must be installed in order for the tool to function.

I could install Deluge 2, but I don't know if it will wipe all my torrents. In the Appdata folder there are only about 25% of the torrents and would not like to loose them.
Newguy025

Post by Newguy025 »

I solved it.

Deluge wasn't loading up because I had set Stop All Internet Connections via Zone Alarm Firewall.

I got this file (can't remember where from): gtk2-themes-2009-09-07-win32_bin.zip. In it it had some .dll that went in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluge\lib\gtk-2.0\2.10.0\engines. Originally Deluge only had 4 files. After doing this I was able to install the theme I wanted.

For the 2 pieces of software (gtk2), when installing the first one, there are 3 options where to install. The 2nd option needs to be selected, to install the files in the lib folder.

I also installed Deluge 2, did not wipe out my torrents/settings.
The themes work with Deluge 2 as well.