Torrents in error state after restarting Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
bagizeru
New User
New User

Torrents in error state after restarting Deluge

Post by bagizeru »

Is there a reason why I see many of my torrents in Error state after restarting Deluge?

My files are pretty big so often I can't download them one shot. Sometimes after exiting Deluge and coming back another day and opening Deluge, it indicates Error. I cannot resume it but instead have to Force Re-Check it. Given the large file size, it often takes very long to recheck the files prior to them being able to be resume downloading.

Is there a reason for this? I thought it might be due to my USB storage not disconnecting properly on exit so I always pause my torrents because exiting Deluge but this doesn't seem to solve the problem.

Thank you.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Torrents in error state after restarting Deluge

Post by shamael »

Hi,

I get this issue but on a very different setup. Anyway the problem was the unavailability of the file system where the torrents reside (USB here it seems) when the Deluge process starts. Let's say the USB drive is in idle mode when you start Deluge the time to wake up may be longer than the expected Deluge time. Try to access the torrents disk prior starting Deluge to confirm the behavior
bagizeru
New User
New User

Post by bagizeru »

shamael wrote:Hi,

I get this issue but on a very different setup. Anyway the problem was the unavailability of the file system where the torrents reside (USB here it seems) when the Deluge process starts. Let's say the USB drive is in idle mode when you start Deluge the time to wake up may be longer than the expected Deluge time. Try to access the torrents disk prior starting Deluge to confirm the behavior
Thanks for your reply. I have tried this out and it still doesn't work (ie. still getting error after restart). Is there anything else I can try? Thanks once again.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

So it means the source issue is not the same. Have you enabled the debug logging (see support section of the site) ?
Ultimately the reason should be mentioned there a lead at least
bagizeru
New User
New User

Post by bagizeru »

shamael wrote:So it means the source issue is not the same. Have you enabled the debug logging (see support section of the site) ?
Ultimately the reason should be mentioned there a lead at least
Thanks for the reply shamael. I have managed to debug it and it appears the issue is "missing or invalid file sizes entry' (https://imgur.com/a/kXeOH2k).

I read here (viewtopic.php?t=48629) that one of the ways is to make a backup of the fast resume file. Where do I find this file and when should I make a backup of it? Everytime before I close Deluge? Thank you.

Seems like a bug which hasn't been solved: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/ticket/3180
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

The topic you mention viewtopic.php?f=7&t=48629 with the same issue is well related to a filesystem not presnet when Deluge service start. On my Linux system the service is started at boot and I solved the issue by telling the service to wait for the filesystem where the torrents reside to be available. I can imagine multiple cause with the same error message of course.

You mentioned an USB disk I guess it may be in idle/sleeping mode at the time you start Deluge as I stated above. Do you start Deluge at boot or as an regular application after the boot? In the first case my bet will be a USB disk not yet reachable when the service start. In the second have you tried to brose the USB disk before launching the application (Or disable the sleeping mode on the USB disk).

The fastresume file in in an idle folder of the profile launching Deluge. If you're logged with the same user open a file explore window and go to
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state
The file should be there or maybe the folder just above.
bagizeru
New User
New User

Post by bagizeru »

shamael wrote:You mentioned an USB disk I guess it may be in idle/sleeping mode at the time you start Deluge as I stated above. Do you start Deluge at boot or as an regular application after the boot? In the first case my bet will be a USB disk not yet reachable when the service start. In the second have you tried to brose the USB disk before launching the application (Or disable the sleeping mode on the USB disk)
Thanks for the reply shamael. I have tried this and I doubt it has got to do with idle/sleeping mode. Reason is that after Deluge is running with 3 active torrents and downloading, I then exited Deluge and shortly re-opened Deluge. After doing this, there were 2 torrents with errors. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with the fast resume?
shamael wrote:The fastresume file in in an idle folder of the profile launching Deluge. If you're logged with the same user open a file explore window and go to
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\deluge\state
The file should be there or maybe the folder just above.
Thank you, managed to find it. Can I confirm that I should do the following:
1) Just before exiting, save all fastresume files.
2) Exit Deluge.

Next time when I want to enter Deluge:
1) Overwrite all files in fastresume with the version I backed up.
2) Open Deluge.

Thanks.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi bagizeru,

I had such an issue for a single file in the past, always the same in error after a reboot. It was not the biggest (aside with 100GB never giving an error).
I removed the offending and readded it again to get rid of the issue.

With the fresh fastresume file do you still face the problem or is it now gone?
ricecrispies
New User
New User

Post by ricecrispies »

Try right-clicking on the torrent in question and selecting "force recheck".