How to open links automatically in Chrome?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gossamer
New User
New User

How to open links automatically in Chrome?

Post by gossamer »

Hi, I'm using deluge-1.3.15 on fedora29 with google-chrome-beta-68.0.3440.42 and would like to be able to open torrent links automatically in deluge instead of having to download them first then click to open them in Chrome downloads.

This occurs with magnet torrents as well as regular torrents over SSL. I've also associated torrents with deluge in the nautilus properties for torrent files.

Just to be clear, when I click a torrent on a torrent site to download it, it instead downloads just the torrent file to my Downloads directory instead of opening the torrent automatically in deluge, as it did with my previous torrent client.

Code: Select all

$ xdg-mime query filetype 'Magnum_P_I_2018_S01E08_720p_HDTV_X264_AVS.torrent_[immortalseed_me].torrent'
application/x-bittorrent

$ grep magnet ~/.config/mimeapps.list
application/x-magnet=deluge.desktop;
x-scheme-handler/magnet=deluge.desktop;
x-scheme-handler/magnet=deluge.desktop
Hmm.. it appears to work properly on piratebay, but I don't generally download from there. What could they be doing differently so that it works properly while sites like immortalseed and iptorrents do not?

I've been using deluge for years now, and never got around to fixing this problem. Hopefully someone can help.
gossamer
New User
New User

Re: How to open links automatically in Chrome?

Post by gossamer »

No one has any ideas? No one knows what's different about one site than another that would cause this?