Deluge Web UI / dedicated server

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Brandit
New User
New User

Deluge Web UI / dedicated server

Post by Brandit »

Hello everyone,

I acquired a dedicated server (online.net) on which I installed a debian8 server distribution. Then I installed and configured Deluge on it to use it as a seedbox.
Everything works perfectly except for the Upload. Any file downloads without problem (Down speed) but in Up Speed I have a very low speed.
I can send about 10 kiB / s to - 110 kiB / s max (which is very very low) ...

In "peers" I have clients and addresses that appear then a second later disappear (like a refusal / blocking?).

If anyone has a solution to this problem he does not hesitate ^^
Thank you in advance to the community.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Deluge Web UI / dedicated server

Post by shamael »

Hi Brandit,

So basically it works but the speed is too low. It depends of course of the number of peers and how rare the torrent is. If you seed torrents with thousands of seeders the speed will always be slow. I often test the setup with an Ubuntu/mint distribution available via Bittorrent (check official pages).
On the optimization side I recommend you check the ltconfig plugin, more specifically the high performance profile. Don't apply all settings blindly however (memory etc should match your hardware) but it may help.
Brandit
New User
New User

Re: Deluge Web UI / dedicated server

Post by Brandit »

Thank you for all shamael. You have understood everything, it is an error of interpretation on my part.
Thanks for the plugin too.