Always Seeing Tracker Errors and No Seeders

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Always Seeing Tracker Errors and No Seeders

Post by shamael »

So all the message you have are related to the communication with the tracker. So not the peers operating directly with you and some others (peering).
The tracker status:
- time out: query time-out, so no answer from the server it seems
- cancelled: the server drop the connection

Some tracker are more verbose than the others about issue. Are you sure the torrent is still referenced on the tracker?
do you use the udp or tcp adress of the tracker? Firewall open for this protocol?
(if upnp used the fact it worked before is not really accurate for example)
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I guess there is no way for me to know that. I'm using the torrent URL so I would assume the included trackers would still have the file. I guess I can get the URLs again and see what happens.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I re-checked the trackers and they are correct. I'm still seeing various tracker errors plus some announce OK. But no seeders.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

If this is a port mapping problem, what ports need to be mapped (6881-6889?) for deluge and to what base port? Perhaps this is an issue with my VPN server. If I run a port scan on the VPN IP address, the torrent ports are filtered.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

First read the rules of your VPN provider about port forwarding to check if anything has changed. You can always check if one of your incoming port are reachable from outside with a tool like https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ If the port is closed then something is wrong in your network setup or VPN config.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I tried contacting VPNBook which I'm using but no response. As I said, I did do a port scan on my VPN IP and those ports are being filtered (if they are the right ones). I cannot find anything on the VPNBook web site about ports in the config file. Perhaps someone here has experience with VPNBook and can point me in the right direction.
gw1500se

Post by gw1500se »

I think I figured out what torrent aborted means. At least in this case is means the torrent ports are being filtered. It seems the VPNBook euro1 and 2 servers no longer exist and those were the only ones that had the ports enabled. I need to find a new unrestricted VPN server.
QWIKAG

Post by QWIKAG »

See attached.
The Marked (Red) setting was the reason for my troubles.
I was getting intermittent Connection Timed Out on various torrents, especially the torrents that were old.
I thought I had fixed it by downloading fresh torrent files and starting them again, and forcing check, but other torrents would then become troublesome.
Reset a specific Torrents Trackers and another would show up.
Also I could still download and torrents would also seed, but it was intermittent, and at least 1/2 would be in error state.
It seemed like my Proxy was failing, It did not help that my Provider NordVPN kept disabling their Socksv5 Proxy Servers. So the assumption was it was them for a long time.
They also did not have clear documentation about the correct setup.
Well it is now. I think they have sorted it.
I could not find a solution for these connection time outs, and I have been searching for well over a year.

The Setting that should have been:
In Proxy, Proxy Trackers = False
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-05-01 23-45-11.jpg
Screenshot from 2021-05-01 23-45-11.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 7015 times