Preferences and Other Problems Under CentOS 7

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
gw1500se

Preferences and Other Problems Under CentOS 7

Post by gw1500se »

I am new to Deluge and have run into a few problems beyond my other post which has now become irrelevant. I originally was able to add torrents (I don't know what is different) but once I deleted all of them I can no longer do anything. When I first start Deluge and start the daemon, all the menu items are greyed out. The only active items are Preferences and Connection Manager. I've read several others with the same problem but the suggested solution (rm .config/deluge/gtkui*) did not help.

Problem number 2 is that the settings in preferences, specifically download locations, do not seem to work. When I set those parameters, the settings seem to be in place until deluge-web service is restarted and then they are all blank again. I also think Deluge is ignoring them even when set. When I did have some torrents they downloaded to the default location (/var/lib/deluge/downloads) in spite of the preference settings.

All these things might be related but I don't know what to do at this point and need help. TIA.
gw1500se

Re: Preferences and Other Problems Under CentOS 7

Post by gw1500se »

Sheesh! Never mind problem 1. I did not realize that when I start the daemon it does not connect automatically. I needed to click the connect button.
gw1500se

Re: Preferences and Other Problems Under CentOS 7

Post by gw1500se »

I guess this one can be closed too. I removed the entire .config/deluge directory and now it is all working.