Losing video/audio data upon moving files to NAS

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
hmderek
New User
New User

Losing video/audio data upon moving files to NAS

Post by hmderek »

I'm running the deluged daemon on an Intel Nuc running Ubuntu server 18.04. I use the client to add torrent downloads. This works fine.

I've additionally mounted two Samba storages using cifs-utils. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MountWindowsSharesPermanently) I then try to tell the Deluge client to move downloaded videos to a folder on one of the storages. This seems to work perfectly. It copies for a while, after which I confirm the files are in the new location and Deluge continues seeding. I can also choose one of the storages before download starts. This also seems to work fine. It downloads to the right location and seeds happily upon completion.

My problem is that the files Deluge has moved to the storage lack audio/video properties information. (See attached screenshot) This is the case when moved after downloading, or when Deluge downloads to the share directly. Because of the missing information (I assume this is the reason), I am unable to start the videos (either in VLC or on Kodi).

When I let Deluge download to a folder on the Nuc itself, and then either use the copy (cp) or move (mv) commands from the command line, everything works fine and the audio/video data is retained.

What is going wrong when Deluge puts the files on the share itself? Any help or hints are greatly appreciated!
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-08-13 14-50-03.png
Screenshot from 2018-08-13 14-50-03.png (45.56 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
hmderek
New User
New User

Re: Losing video/audio data upon moving files to NAS

Post by hmderek »

I attempted to try the same thing with Transmission: download a file directly to the share. Same problem.

What does however seem to solve the immediate problem is forcing a recheck of the data. Afterwards, all files have their audio/video metadata back.

It is still a mystery to me why that specific data is not present after the initial download is complete.