help needed with connecting to deluged service

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
blackdalek

help needed with connecting to deluged service

Post by blackdalek »

I need help with my set up.

I tried to follow the deluge wiki guides for setting up systemd service which autostarts each time the computer startes, and thinclient on my two Ubuntu 16.04 machines.

From the server machine I can verify that deluged and deluge-web are both running as systemctl status shows both services to be running.
I can also use the deluge-console from the server (while logged in as deluge user) which shows that deluged is running "Connected to 127.0.0.1:58846" in green text.
I can't use deluge-console from the server while logged in as the regular login user. It just shows "Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:58846 with reason: Password does not match" in red text.

I can ONLY successfully connect from the client machine using the deluge-web webUI in a browser by going to the URL <my server IP>:8112

I CANNOT connect at all from the client machine using the deluge app GUI. When I enter in the connection box <my server IP>: and the username & password I specified in the auth file, I just get a gray X and can't connect.
Am I using the incorrect password? Am I supposed to use a username/password other than the one configured in the /var/lib/deluge/.config/deluge/auth file?

What am I doing wrong?

I'd like to be able to connect using the deluge GUI client rather than being forced to use the webUI in a browser window.
blackdalek

Re: help needed with connecting to deluged service

Post by blackdalek »

Never mind. After I rebooted the server, I was able to successfully connect from the client using the GUI.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Hi

GTKclient: have you enabled the remote access to Deluge and created a user with the sufficient rights?
Deluge-console: try on the server with your usual account "sudo -u deluge deluge-console"
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

cool :)