Finding which files are being used by Deluge

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Abbott

Finding which files are being used by Deluge

Post by Abbott »

Hi guys. I have close to 900 tasks in deluge at the moment, and they are all seeding from one directory. I would like to find out the names of all files in my download directory that are not files I am seeding (or leeching) at the moment. I imagine that I can use the torrent files in ~/.config/deluge/state/*torrent to find out all of the files that are named in each task and I can use ~/.config/deluge/state/torrents.state to see which files I have renamed from the name given to them in the .torrent file.

One method that does work (but is not very efficient) is creating a new dummy download directory, using the move storage option in deluge to move all of my downloads to a new directory, note everything that is left over in the old download directory, then use 'move storage' to move everything back. This is very slow, however, and if it fails part way through, it could mess up my files or the state of deluge.

Does my earlier mentioned method show any promise? Is there a better way to find all of the files deluge isn't touching in my download directory? Is there an easier place to find filenames that deluge is looking for?

Thanks
Shryp

Re: Finding which files are being used by Deluge

Post by Shryp »

I found this with google. The find section seems to work, but I can not vouch for it.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/477 ... -with-lsof

EDIT: Sometimes the simple answers are the hardest to come by. Do you have last access time enabled on your drives? You might be able to just list the files in the folder sorted by last time accessed.
Abbott

Re: Finding which files are being used by Deluge

Post by Abbott »

sudo lsof +D /srv/downloads only returns a single file and it wasn't one listed in 'Active' in Deluge, so I don't know if lsof is the right path. Judging by the infrequency that Deluge seems to actually open files, I'm not sure if the 'last access' approach is viable either. Am I wrong in approaching it from the way listed in the first post?