[SOLVED] Slow Uploads

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Gigawatt
New User
New User

[SOLVED] Slow Uploads

Post by Gigawatt »

I've searched and searched but I can't fix my upload speeds. At the moment I have 50 torrents seeding to a private tracker i.e. there's some data moving. I can understand that maybe someone at the other end has a slow connection hence the slow speed, but for all of them it makes no sense that per torrent I'm uploading no faster than around 50KB/s. Occasionally one will spike to up to 1MB/s, but not for long.

I have 25MB/s upload, so somebody somewhere should be taking advantage of that e.g. 1MB/s+

I've tried installing the ItConfig plugin and the seeding preset and although that helps with my download speeds (improve 10-20%), it has no effect on my uploads.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Setup:

- Deluge: linuxserver docker
- Network: deluge docker behind a VPN run on my pfsense router. I have a port forwarded from AirVPN to the IP of my deluge docker and that port set as incoming within Deluge, and outgoing as 59152 - 65535 as per this guide https://nguvu.org/pfsense/pfsense-port-forward/ . Network extras all unticked
Last edited by Gigawatt on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Slow Uploads

Post by shamael »

Maybe nothing. Maybe the number of peers is high for the torrents you seed or others peers have very high upload speed leaving you behind in terms of priority. I a similar situation my first move is always to test the setup layer by layer. Try Deluge alone without the VPN etc stuff, directly on the Internet , with a legal torrent like the Ubuntu one (check their website). I guess the easy way here is to stop the current Deluge and switch to a new profile.
If you experience higher speed with linux distrib (ubuntu, mint, all with high request) Deluge is not the culprit and you have to dig it deeper.
Gigawatt
New User
New User

Re: Slow Uploads

Post by Gigawatt »

shamael wrote:or others peers have very high upload speed leaving you behind in terms of priority.
I think this is it - I'm losing out to seedboxes if upload speed is prioritised. I've only been using torrents for around a month or so, so maybe in time if I keep seeding I'll hit more stuff that the seedboxes aren't covering
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: [SOLVED] Slow Uploads

Post by shamael »

I'm using an RPI3 so trust me when I say I understand :). The BitTorrent protocol is so made, prioritizing the best speed connection but you're on the right track if you're patient. I seed most of my torrents for more than 6 months and have ratio above 10 on my trackers.