All kinds of (performance?) problems

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
annomatik

All kinds of (performance?) problems

Post by annomatik »

Hi! I have spent the last two days almost non-stop working on getting Deluge running, I don't think I managed to get it working right yet.

Environment:

1) SERVER: deluged is running on a Raspberry Pi 2 with Raspbian Stretch, a Raspberry Pi 3B+ is already ordered and will replace the Raspberry Pi 2.
2) CLIENT: Deluge Thin-Client is running on Windows 7, I have also installed deluge-gtk on a (different) Raspberry Pi 3 B+, to see, if it works differently -- not really.
3) I have Sick Rage running on the CLIENT (will switch to the SERVER eventually), I have also running Kodi there.
4) the plan is essentially to replace uTorrent (running on the CLIENT) with deluged (running on the SERVER) and get everything on the SERVER over time.
5) I use the public torrent search providers offered by Sick Rage, I also use SceneTime.

Problems:

1) Deluged is very slow to respond. I have replaced the Stretch-Version of libtorrent with libtorrent 1.0.11 ( viewtopic.php?t=54663 ), which seems to improve the situation a little bit, but still, it's very slow. Switching to the Rpi 3B+, I will need to use Stretch, so Jessie is a no-go for me.
2) The Deluge Thin Client thus is also very slow, and that's I think is my main problem. Changing from label view to label view (clicking on a label) takes 10 minutes and more.
3) One of the biggest problems: The "Preferences" dialog also takes ages to load, if it does.
4) I tried the native Sick Rage connect to Deluge Deluged, initially, it worked, but it stopped working, probably due to timeouts as well.
5) I tried changing to "Blackhole". With AutoAdd on the Deluge side. Again, nightmare performance, but eventually, the Preferences Dialog showed up on the Windows machine. I couldn't find the "labels" option, I'd like to automatically set labels for the watched directories, so I tried the gtk version, which also has the big performance problems and which doesn't show labels either.
6) I tried using "Completed" and "Downloaded" directories with AutoAdd, well, didn't work either. In the edit dialog of the watched directory, I only have "Cancel" and "Apply", not an "OK" button. If I click Apply and close the window, the changes are not saved, thus I can't set the directories, either.

Questions:

1) Please tell me, ideally, how to make Deluge daemon talk to Sick Rage, to Deluge Console (my main retreat, unfortunatelly, I cannot set up the plugin preferences there) and to the Deluge (X-)Windows client
2) Please also tell me, as a back up, how I can set up the AutoAdd plugin, so it sets the label for each torrent it finds to a label of my chosing
3) Please also tell me, as a 2nd back up, how I can set up the AutoAdd plugin, so it remembers the directories for Download + Completed for a given watched folder.
4) Please also tell me, as a 3rd backup, in which config file I'd have to add the label / download-folder / complete-folder, so AutoAdd would use them (=configuration without the Preference dialog)

While the performance topic is very annoying (I hope to get it a little bit improved by the RPi 3B+), I could live with Deluge just automatically doing its SickRage stuff, which worked great with uTorrent. For that, I need to be able to set it up properly and hope for your support.

Thanks!
Last edited by annomatik on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
annomatik

Re: [Solved] All kinds of (performance?) problems

Post by annomatik »

Apparently, starting the Deluge Daemon the right way helps a big deal. I used the advice here and now it seems to work better: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55018&p=228452#p228452

*edit* But there still are massive performance problems.