Can not find trackers in config files

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
lance_lake
New User
New User

Can not find trackers in config files

Post by lance_lake »

I have 1.3.15 of Deluge running on windows 7. I'm trying to find the list of default trackers so I can add in a new list of them because the ones that are default, I can't seem to access. It may be because they are blocking my VPN (Windscribe).

I've tried the plugin for the default trackers, but when I try to activate it, it doesn't stick (the checkmark goes away as soon as I hit apply).

So my next step is to try and edit the default trackers in the main configs, but I can't find them. Also, I know there should be in %App%/roaming/deluge/ some kind of tracker.cfg or something like that, but it isn't there.

So... Thoughts? I'm at a loss here.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Can not find trackers in config files

Post by shamael »

There is no default tracker by default but you can replace the failed one by editing the file "torrents.state" in your profile.
Take a backup of the whole profile first (with Deluge stopped) and proceed carefully by testing one 1 or 2 files first
(again all changes with no Deluge process running)

when confirmed running you can use Notepad++ or else to replace all the occurrence, what I did when one of my tracker changes its address. But be aware it's a dangerous change so backup all ;)
lance_lake
New User
New User

Post by lance_lake »

torrents.state show just the trackers that are attached to the current torrents.. yes? If so, that won't help as I want to modify the default trackers when starting the download.

As for there not being any default trackers, why then when I select a magnet link, then go to "edit trackers", I see 4 of them? Isn't Deluge adding in those trackers? If not, where do they come from?
Shryp

Post by Shryp »

Any trackers attached to a torrent come from the person who created that torrent.
mhertz

Post by mhertz »

Yes they are the trackers defined for current torrent/magnet.

Magnet's are meant to resolv peers from DHT(where you have some default nodes defined in client/libtorrent to bootstrap from), though also supports adding in fallback tracker(s) too, for purposes of DHT being unavailable.

Some clients support adding in extra trackers for every new loaded torrent/magnet, so they become "default" trackers on top of the ones defined in torrent/magnet and so that's probably what that plugin is about, though not checked myself.

Edit: Sorry, beaten by Shryp :)