How to stop deluge?

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
saltedbread
New User
New User

How to stop deluge?

Post by saltedbread »

I'm a bit new with Linux and experimenting with my Raspberry Pi. How do I know if Deluge is running from the terminal (SSH)? Does running the command deluge-web actually start Deluge or is that just the interface? I don't really understand what Daemon means.

If I start deluge-web does pressing Ctrl+X kill it? If I start it in background as deluge-web & then does pkill deluged work?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: How to stop deluge?

Post by shamael »

Considering no desktop on your RPI you have to install/start both Deluge and deluge-web. The first launch Deluge itself, the second one the web interface. About this topic you have 3 UI:
- deluge-console (to install if needed): manage deluge from the cli of your ssh
- deluge-web: a web server on your RPI, connection can be made from any web browser on another machine
- GTK client: the fat client you can install on a remote computer to manage the Deluge daemon on the RPI. Once configured it acts just like as it was on your computer.

On your RPI you can start the process and put them in background or better configure systemd service so both Deluge and Deluge-web start automatically and can be managed as a service. Example once service configured: "sudo systemctl stop deluged" will stop Deluge (the sudo if you're not root). Check the user guide: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ce/systemd

Back to your question: to check if a Deluge process is running: ps -aux|grep -i delug
(anything starting with "delug" will be displayed)
saltedbread
New User
New User

Post by saltedbread »

shamael wrote:Considering no desktop on your RPI you have to install/start both Deluge and deluge-web. The first launch Deluge itself, the second one the web interface. About this topic you have 3 UI:
- deluge-console (to install if needed): manage deluge from the cli of your ssh
- deluge-web: a web server on your RPI, connection can be made from any web browser on another machine
- GTK client: the fat client you can install on a remote computer to manage the Deluge daemon on the RPI. Once configured it acts just like as it was on your computer.

On your RPI you can start the process and put them in background or better configure systemd service so both Deluge and Deluge-web start automatically and can be managed as a service. Example once service configured: "sudo systemctl stop deluged" will stop Deluge (the sudo if you're not root). Check the user guide: https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ce/systemd

Back to your question: to check if a Deluge process is running: ps -aux|grep -i delug
(anything starting with "delug" will be displayed)
You never did answer how to cleaning stop/shutdown deluge?
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Post by shamael »

Considering the systemd option to start the service automatically the good ways to stop a service called "deluged" (so done in the documentation) is systemctl stop deluged

to check the status
systemctl status deluged

If you ran it from the CLI directly you can check as stated in my previous message if it run or not (PS). First attempt to stop should be "halt deluged", and if not working "killall deluged". The different UIs use script to stop Deluge in a more proper way, the service is a good solution