how to setup deluge deamon propelry? current setup not downloading

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
vl1969
New User
New User

how to setup deluge deamon propelry? current setup not downloading

Post by vl1969 »

Hello.

I am trying to setup a home media management server on my Proxmox VE 5.1 machine.
the idea is to have several LXC container running a specialized tasks each.
all storage is on the main server ZFS pools, where a directory is created and bind mounted into each container.
like so :
Proxmox Server (PVE2)
ZFS pool tank0 --> this are main data pools created and managed on the host (pve) but not part of the Proxmox local storage set.
ZFS pool tank1 --> this are main data pools created and managed on the host (pve) but not part of the Proxmox local storage

on tank0 -- folders downloads and embylib are created

Code: Select all

root@pve2:/tank0# ls -l
total 42
drwxrwsr-x 9 root root  9 May 22 12:03 downloads
drwxr-sr-x 9 root root 10 May 16 21:08 embylib

I am using TurnKey Server Templates for each container. each of them is based on headless Debian 8 server loaded with webmin.
I am using AtoMiC ToolKit to setup applications.

I have Deluge up and running but no torrents are working.
I can add the file or link but it stays there, periodically showing activity but nothing is loading.
same links load up just fine on my Transmission setup.

what am I doing wrong ?

[EDIT]

OK I got it to work

apparently, since I am using AToMic to install deluge, and it is run under my own user (I have a user VL in almost all of my containers)
the deluge is run under that user. so I have to change ownership of target folders to that user. once I have done that, all started working. but that means that in other places I must have the same user with the same ID. not impossible just a pain. and I am not sure that my other apps will run in the same manner. i.e. if I install coach potato will it run under VL user as well. only once I go through that I will know. .