Remote Desktop client is not same as WEBUI

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Sabiza
New User
New User

Remote Desktop client is not same as WEBUI

Post by Sabiza »

Hello,

I am kinda new person to Linux and all this stuff around. I am running Cent OS 7 Web panel on my dedicated server with pre-installed Deluge client there. Deluge is running there as expected and I am able to login to Web UI to add new torrents, etc.

Code: Select all

deluge    6679 14.6  0.5 490672 41708 ?        Sl   10:16   0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/deluged
deluge    6683  7.3  0.3 150144 26880 ?        S    10:16   0:00 deluge-web
I want to install several plugins including YaRSS2 to have the RSS on the client. I want to install it from the client directly using remote desktop. I've installed XRDP server and I am able to login to the system by using root access. I am also able to open Deluge client.

I am for some reason not able to see all my torrent files which were added to Deluge via Web UI. Files are located in "/home/deluge" folder but opened Deluge on Remote Desktop doesn't see them at all. Client is empty and any kind of change in the client is not replicated to Web UI.

Am I doing something wrong? Web UI client is running on a default daemon and I didn't change anything. Is there a way how to connect with root access directly to the running Deluge and see all files (possibly manage them) and install plugins?

Thank you.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Remote Desktop client is not same as WEBUI

Post by shamael »

Hi,

Deluge has a per user profile. Did you opened Deluge during the remote desktop session with the same user?
(The user "deluge" is the daemon startup user it seems)