WebUI plugin weirdness

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
Pyrrhic

WebUI plugin weirdness

Post by Pyrrhic »

Hi all,

Weird problem. Riddle me this: I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem I've been having getting Headphones to speak to Deluge. I autostart both the Deluge Daemon and Deluge-Web via systemd on system boot.

As part of this troubleshooting, I removed WebUI from the enabled plugins section of core.conf. When I do this, deluge-web does indeed seem to lose the ability to start the daemon (which I believe is its purpose) - but weirder still, even after a fresh boot (so after the systemd service files should have started for both deluged and deluge-web) when I log into the web interface, my usual download directory has been replaced by one that looks like a system default (home/USER/downloads or similar). All other options look more or less right - I use a non-standard port for the webui for example, and that is preserved.

If I edit the download directory back to the one I want and hit apply, it accepts the change, but stopping and restarting the daemon causes the issue to return. However, if I put webui back into the enabled plugins section of core.conf (i.e. restoring core.conf to how it was before I started meddling) when I restart the daemon my original download directory returns!

This feels to me like something to do with deluge-web starting the daemon with a different core.conf file, but I ran sudo find / -iname core.conf and confirmed there are no other core.conf files on the system.

Both deluged and deluge-web systemd service files are run by the same user.

What the devil is going on? :)

Thanks!
siddhartha

Re: WebUI plugin weirdness

Post by siddhartha »

I don't think it's related to the Web UI. Any edits to core.conf while deluged are running will be lost. Make all changes to core.conf while deluged is stopped.
Pyrrhic

Re: WebUI plugin weirdness

Post by Pyrrhic »

Hi siddhartha,

Thanks for the reply; yes, I'm always careful to stop the service before editing core.conf - fallen foul of that before!