Web interface doesn't work

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
fourt
New User
New User

Web interface doesn't work

Post by fourt »

Hello,

I have installed Deluge (v1.3.13 from the standard repository) on a Raspbian Stretch. It works fine.
I use the Windows client (1.3.15) on a Win7 PC, it works fine too.
Now I also installed the "deluge-web" package on the RPi but when I access it from Win7 IE or Firefox, it asks for a password and when I enter "deluge" it shows me the web interface without any torrent data and the "Connection Manager" box is displayed.
Initially it had one line configured with the 127.0.0.1 local host, I deleted that one and configured the Raspi with its actual IP and port but it states "Offline", the "Connect" button is greyed out.
So I'm stuck here, no way to get beyond that. I always see only the Deluge screen without any data.
After several attempts to login the Raspi console where I started deluge-web runs into problems and displays stuff like

exceptions.IOError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: '/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/index.html'
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:190 in process
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/twisted/web/server.py:241 in render
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/deluge/ui/web/server.py:589 in render
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/template.py:338 in __init__
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/template.py:412 in _compile_from_file
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/mako/util.py:365 in read_file

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

PS: my Linux knowledge is limited to say the least.
boomclick

Re: Web interface doesn't work

Post by boomclick »

why did you delete the localhost entry? i would try adding it again, as localhost is an entry in the .auth config file. my understanding is that the webUI leads you to the connection manager so you're already in deluge. and that deluge is just trying to access the daemon port, 58846 by default. so piIP:58846 might work too, but you would need the port for your daemon. not displaying torrent data without a password makes sense, as accessing the daemon's data without a password would be a security vulnerability.