Can only access daemon via web interface (not client)

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
foetus66
New User
New User

Can only access daemon via web interface (not client)

Post by foetus66 »

Hi, I have my 1.3.13 daemon running on Debian 9.4, with the web and remote client features enabled. Everything is working properly except access from the client on my Windows machine. It worked fine from this client until I did a server change a month ago and i've never been able to get this server to show up as Active with the green dot, the connection manager just shows it with the red dot. I've verified that allow_remote: True in the deluge console.

I'm guessing I'm not the first to run into this but having trouble using the right search terms to find anything but mostly threads about people unable to connect to the web interface.

I should add that if I connect to the web interface, then go to the Connection Manager in there, I see the active server on 127.0.0.1 as Online (naturally) but if I add it by the server's IP (the same IP I access the web client at) it shows as Offline. So to reiterate, from the web interface's Connection Manager, it's online by the localhost address but offline by the server's local ip address. Port number is the default 58846 in both cases

Not sure what else to look at to troubleshoot- thanks for any assistance.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: Can only access daemon via web interface (not client)

Post by shamael »

Hi

Are you sure you created the user/using the correct user and password to connect with the GTK UI?
Please check the section "Add User to the authentication file" in https://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Use ... ThinClient
foetus66
New User
New User

Re: Can only access daemon via web interface (not client)

Post by foetus66 »

Wow, that was it, thanks! I specifically remember doing that step, but I guess I must've done it in the wrong place or saved it incorrectly because the auth was not in there. I'm back up and running, much appreciated.