[Solved] Torrents no longer download

General support for problems installing or using Deluge
3v4q
New User
New User

[Solved] Torrents no longer download

Post by 3v4q »

Hi,

I've got a Raspberry Pi 3 running Arch Linux ARM with Deluge 1.3.15 and libtorrent 1.1.6. I had been using this setup successfully for several weeks until last weekend when I noticed all of my torrents sitting at 0% progress despite having plenty of seeders.

The problem occurs regardless of which torrents are active. I was able to download the same torrents on another device on my network with no issues. I was also able to download the same torrents with transmission on the Raspberry Pi. I tried downgrading libtorrent to 1.1.5 (as well as boost-libs to 1.65.1) but that did not help. I tried setting deluge's logging level to debug but it didn't provide any useful information as far as I could tell. I had not upgraded any software on the device before it stopped downloading. I also ran df and verified that I was not out of disk space.

At this point I am out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue. I would be grateful for any suggestions and am happy to provide more details if needed.

Edit: I also wanted to mention that I am using a proxy via SOCKS5 for all four proxy settings. This is the same as on the other device that was able to download properly.
Last edited by 3v4q on Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gderf
Seeder
Seeder

Re: Torrents no longer download

Post by gderf »

Try disabling the proxy temporarily. If that solves it find out why.
3v4q
New User
New User

Post by 3v4q »

I disabled the proxy by using the following for all four proxy settings in core.conf:

Code: Select all

"username": "", 
"password": "", 
"type": 1, 
"hostname": "", 
"port": 8080
This does not solve the problem: a torrent that I am able to download in a few minutes with transmission is indefinitely stuck at 0% progress in deluge despite having seeders.

It may be worth noting that when I restart the deluge daemon and run deluge-console info, it sometimes shows small progress around 100KB before going back to 0.
3v4q
New User
New User

Post by 3v4q »

Well, I have fixed my problem and I feel like an idiot. My download folder was not set to the right user and group.

Out of curiosity, does Deluge log anything when it fails to write to a location that it does not have permission to access? I just wonder if I would have found this through Deluge eventually.
shamael
Compulsive Poster
Compulsive Poster

Re: [Solved] Torrents no longer download

Post by shamael »

You have to set the verbosity of the logs (see the wiki) or start a debug session. I've never looked for such output so cannot confirm however
mak789
New User
New User

Re: [Solved] Torrents no longer download

Post by mak789 »

I'm not able to access Torrent from my network. All the major torrent search engine sites have been blocked by my ISP.